Nutanix Community Edition 2.0 is now available for download

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hello,

This is a good way to kick the tires with Veeam Backup for Nutanix v4 and AHV. The prior version of CE was below AOS 6.x. You could not demo Instant VM Recovery because this feature was available with VBN AHV v3.x and required AOS AHV 6.x. It can be installed on an ESXi server. Please follow the links below. It does require that you register with a Nutanix account😀. 

Caution: It is not recommended to register CE clusters with Prism Central, which is being used for commercial licensed clusters.

Caution: No upgrade path to CE 2.0 will be provided from the older CE or Prism Central for CE.

Nutanix CE Download Page

Nutanix Community Edition Getting Started (Hardware requirements)

Community Edition 2.0 Dashboard

Instant VM Recovery test on CE 2.0 AOS 6.5.2 with VBR 12

9 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing this, Pete.  Always wanted to play with Nutanix just never got around to it.  😎

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks Chris!

It takes a while to install so take you can take a nice break in between. Once it is up it is easy to navigate😀.

Pete

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah, I might wait until I get a new “demo” from Synology that is going to be fully loaded and fast before I do this deployment.  DS923+ they are sending me for testing, blogging, etc.  😁

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Yes, fast is the key😂.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah, this array I am getting will have max RAM (32GB), NVME for Cache, HDDs/SSDs and will also have PCIe slots which I am going to install some Optane drives into that I got as part of vExpert program.  So will be a great little unit.  Then the DS920+ with DX517 expansion is going to become my backup repository and storage unit.  😋

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Awesome! it will definitely have plenty of muscle💪🏻😎.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Perfect timing! I’ve had some empty VMs sitting for a few weeks now in preparation of configuring nested Nutanix CE in my lab. Only reason I hadn’t gotten around to it was because of v12 releases keeping me busy. Guess I can just install 2.0 immediately!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you @Pybarra for sharing

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You are welcome @Moustafa_Hindawi 😀

Comment