Solved

New tape job is only taken missed backups from previous failed job

Userlevel 4

Hello, 

I have a monthly tape job that started last Monday. Today I found that the tape job failed with the Data error (cyclic redundancy check) for some backup jobs.

I decided to manually start again the same tape job with new cartridges, however, I realized that it’s taken only the missed backup jobs from the previous failed jobs, for the other backup jobs the result is “success” but with the message “no backup files found”.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Omar De Souza.

PS: VBR 10

icon

Best answer by JMeixner 27 July 2021, 17:46

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@omar.desouza -- if you have put in new tapes then you might want to run an Active Full - Monthly job again manually to get the other backup files to copy to the new tapes and not just the missed ones.

You can click this menu option to run the Full backup to Tape -

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @omar.desouza ,

either you do an active full like @Chris.Childerhose mentioned or you can move the previous used tapes to the Free pool. So, the data on them is marked as deleted and the new job should pickup all the data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @omar.desouza ,

either you do an active full like @Chris.Childerhose mentioned or you can move the previous used tapes to the Free pool. So, the data on them is marked as deleted and the new job should pickup all the data.

Yes that definitely works too @JMeixner :smiley:

Userlevel 4

Thank you guys for the options, I’ll move the previous used tapes to the free pool, because I don’t have the “Active Full” button for that tape job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I am glad that this has helped you with your problem :sunglasses::thumbsup_tone3:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks guys! Just learned something new!

Comment