Never get complacent, always have a DR plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I started to relax yesterday, after all made it through airports, covid testing and LAX jammed with people. Just when I was going to relax I saw this, Ah and now Tsunamis!!!!! 

Always have a DR plan for any situation :) and down let your guard down!

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Always be prepared 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So many situations to cover, which scenarios have you been engaged to cover in the past @Geoff Burke

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@haslund oh boy many and sometimes brings back rough memories. The toughest scenario that I ever had was with a huge company that needed in their DR plan, 70 vm cloud replication, more (cant remember the number) vm cloud restore from cloud backups, physical veeam agent restoresfrom cloud backup copy jobs to VM’s p2v. They also had a ERP system where the servers had to be booted in a specific order and the one in the middle was a big physical veeam agent windows box. All of this had to be restored into their vsphere environment. Nevertheless after a lot of tweaking we got it working. Obviously we could not test everything so another key element was deciding on the scale of the test. Obviously we could not use the standard failover plan since we had the backup and agent restores so we had to be flexible. So that is an example of where if these folks had not been prepared to do the work with us and testing and they got hit and tried on a whim to recover they would have faced a tsunami of pain :) 

Comment