Solved

Managed Service Provider - Alternate monitoring solutions?

• 14 December 2021
  • 5 comments

Userlevel 1

I work for an MSP and we rent Veeam licenses to our clients. We can monitor backups through the Veeam Service Provider Console but their are some features that are lacking using this. We are looking for a more robust monitoring to make certain that our clients backups are functioning. One specific thing that the VSPC lacks is reporting on issues with offloading to a capacity tier. Tech support verified this and put in a suggestion for this feature. We want something that has consolidated reporting. We look at the VSCP alerts twice per day currently.

Does anyone know of any product that we can use to get better reporting on errors / alerts?

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 14 December 2021, 15:49

View original

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not sure if you have looked in to Veeam ONE or not but that has more reporting within that might suit your need.  VSPC has reports but yes does lack some that MSPs would like to see.  I work for an MSP myself and we use a combination of both to get around reporting.

About Veeam ONE - Veeam ONE Deployment Guide

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello @JeremyShoe ,

I will recommend you deploy VeeamONE. This is a great tool as it enables real-time monitoring, business documentation and management reporting.

If you run into errors similar to this, please use this guide

•  

Here are some interesting reports that you consider when using VeeamONE

•  
Userlevel 1

Not sure if you have looked in to Veeam ONE or not but that has more reporting within that might suit your need.  VSPC has reports but yes does lack some that MSPs would like to see.  I work for an MSP myself and we use a combination of both to get around reporting.

Hello @Chris.Childerhose 

Is there a centralized portal for Veeam ONE that we could use for all of our customers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello @Chris.Childerhose 

Is there a centralized portal for Veeam ONE that we could use for all of our customers?

If you have access to their VBK servers to be able to add them via IP or DNS name then yes.  You add the VBR servers to VONE to monitor them but will require ports opened and security settings, etc.  The guide I linked shows all the requirements including ports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Veeam One is the answer @JeremyShoe 

Comment