Skip to main content

KVM Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager - FLR bug

Hi everyone,

would like to inform you that during file level restore on an Oracle Linux 8 (Hypervisor OLVM 4.5.4-1.0.31.el8) direct restore of a file on the VM returns this error

@DChiavari  informed me that it is a bug also present in the beta version of the Proxmox VE Plugin and will be fixed in the v12.2 release

@atinivelli

restore di guest files linux "in place" su ovirt | Veeam Community Resource Hub

Regards

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Link State . Thanks for sharing. So, for clarification, the error is both in the Oracle LVM Plugin as well as Proxmox? Proxmox isn’t officially GA yet, so that shouldn’t be too big a deal..though good to know Veeam is addressing it there as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Link State . Thanks for sharing. So, for clarification, the error is both in the Oracle LVM Plugin as well as Proxmox? Proxmox isn’t officially GA yet, so that shouldn’t be too big a deal..though good to know Veeam is addressing it there as well.

Yes the Proxmox VE plugin is in beta and is affected by this kind of bug, as @DChiavari  informed me in the link in the VUG Italy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Link State . Thanks for sharing. So, for clarification, the error is both in the Oracle LVM Plugin as well as Proxmox? Proxmox isn’t officially GA yet, so that shouldn’t be too big a deal..though good to know Veeam is addressing it there as well.

Yes the Proxmox VE plugin is in beta and is affected by this kind of bug, as @DChiavari  informed me in the link in the VUG Italy.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

good day, I experienced this behaviour on Oracle LVM.

Comment