Solved

I have new Veeam Server with imported backup's, how to make a full restore from the imported backup ?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi friends,

Can you help me please ? I have new installed Veeam Server and i imported the backup from storage. Now i need to make a full restore from imported backup ?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by dips 8 June 2021, 13:53

View original

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @tomi.petrovski , just choose restore from the upper menu and choose your imported backup. Or navigate to your imported backup (disk imported) and choose restore.

More information : Step 1. Launch Full VM Restore Wizard - Veeam Backup Guide for vSphere

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @tomi.petrovski -

If I'm understanding what you mean & have currently... In the VBR console, you should see a section under "backups" saying 'imported'. You should be able to expand it and see your vm backups. Rt-click on a backup /vm object and select a restore option.

Cheers! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Whoops, I misread the question! 

This may help: Step 1. Launch Full VM Restore Wizard - Veeam Backup Guide for vSphere

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

In the home tab you should see the backups under Backups → Disk(imported). From there you can start restoring whatever you need. Or just click the Restore button in the top bar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Our community is awesome; this topic exists just since 8 minutes and we have 4 answers. 😊👍

Userlevel 4
Badge

Ts

Userlevel 4
Badge

Userlevel 4
Badge

First i need to export the backups and then instant recovery ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@tom, no, you have imported the backups, so VBR can read them and restore from the backup-file. Exporting is not necessary.

Userlevel 4
Badge

So what i should do first ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

It looks like you are recovering a Domain Controller. Have a look at this: 
How to recover a Domain Controller (DC) - Best practices for AD protection (veeam.com)

To perform a recovery, this guide will help:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You have an agent backup. So for a physical machine you should create the recovery media and boot your machine with it; then you connect to your Veeam server and do a bare-metal restore.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agentforwindows/userguide/image_boot.html?ver=50

Userlevel 4
Badge

It looks like you are recovering a Domain Controller. Have a look at this: 
How to recover a Domain Controller (DC) - Best practices for AD protection (veeam.com)

To perform a recovery, this guide will help:

/I will write you back, but i think this will help me. Thank you everyone. 

Comment