Question

How to reset config under Linux

Userlevel 2

Hi,

How can I reset the configuration under Linux on the command line. i want to be able to go through the initial configuration wizard again which came up after the first installation.

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What specifically are you trying to reset?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If you are referring to the Veeam Agent you may just have to uninstall it then reinstall as I know of no way to reset the configuration like that.

Userlevel 2

Hi,

unfortunately re-installing is also not bringing the initial config wizard back, somewhere it is saving the information.

What I want to change is the information about the image generation (driver patching, EFI support, etc.) but there is no way to get back to these settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could try to uninstall again, then delete any registry entries installed by the Agent installer, as well as folder items...both of which may be left over even after uninstall. The only other option I can suggest is post on the forums or reach out to Support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You could try to uninstall again, then delete any registry entries installed by the Agent installer, as well as folder items...both of which may be left over even after uninstall. The only other option I can suggest is post on the forums or reach out to Support. 

Keeping in mind there is no registry being Linux too.  But as Shane noted check the forums or contact Support as there must be a config file somewhere in the file system that holds this information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Did you try taking a look in /etc/veeam ?

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

also in your home folder ls -a for any hidden folders that might have user specific settings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Keeping in mind there is no registry being Linux too.  But as Shane noted check the forums or contact Support as there must be a config file somewhere in the file system that holds this information.

Oops...that is correct. Sorry...am a bit ill today...thanks Chris!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Did you try taking a look in /etc/veeam ?

cheers

Ah yes I forgot about /etc directory 😋

Userlevel 2

In the /etc folder is only the default config file with all settings #ed out. I think veeam is using a config database. But can't find it lol. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This section in the Linux Agent Guide shares how to export the LNX Agent config DB to an xml, but doesn’t state where the location is. Maybe you can try this and modify the XML to reset the config? May be risky though. If your system is a Linux VM, you could snap it then test this out. Otherwise, if a physical device, may be too risky to attempt. I wonder if you run the cmd: veeamconfig config list (or ls) if it’ll give you the path location of the config?

UPDATE: if the CLI examples are accurate in the Guide, maybe the path to the config is in the /root then under veeam folder? (i.e. /veeam)

As i had to reset the Veeam Agent under my Ubuntu Server 20.04 aswell, i was in search of the config files. After exporting all logs i came across the path where the config-db is stored.

The Config-Database is stored here:

“\var\lib\veeam”

Just delete the following files in this folder: “veeam_db.sqlite”, “veeam_db.sqlite-shm” and “veeam_db.sqlite-wal”

After a reboot i was greeted by the initial configuration wizard again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Good to know. Thank you for sharing the DB location. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As i had to reset the Veeam Agent under my Ubuntu Server 20.04 aswell, i was in search of the config files. After exporting all logs i came across the path where the config-db is stored.

The Config-Database is stored here:

“\var\lib\veeam”

Just delete the following files in this folder: “veeam_db.sqlite”, “veeam_db.sqlite-shm” and “veeam_db.sqlite-wal”

After a reboot i was greeted by the initial configuration wizard again.

Don't use the Linux Agent much but thanks for sharing this as it is of interest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ot3d -

It appears @baumit has provided a possible solution for you to ‘reset’ your Linux Agent. Did you get a chance to attempt? Did this work for you? If so, I recommend you mark his comment as a ‘Best Answer’ so others with a similar occurrence can see what worked for you.

Thank you.

Comment