Solved

How to auto restore from Veeam Agent backup file?

• 17 January 2024
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 1

Hello my friends,

Everyday, I have backup files of VM1 from Cloud ABC Provider.

The request is : how to automatically restore from that backup file to on-prem ESXI everyday?

The purpose is BA department does not want to connect directly to live DB and they only need to export / use data with Day -1.

Is there any function of Veeam to support me? I am using Veeam Agent & Veeam BR free edition but if there is such function above, I can ask to pay licensed one from managers.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Kenny.

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 17 January 2024, 01:02

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You would want to test using the Instant VM Recovery option and restore the VM directly to your host on premises.  Now this is not automatic but you could look at running a Surebackup job in that case for testing daily. It does require a license copy of VBR though not CE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@safiya @Madi.Cristil can we move this to discussion board instead of the HOL section.

Userlevel 1

You would want to test using the Instant VM Recovery option and restore the VM directly to your host on premises.  Now this is not automatic but you could look at running a Surebackup job in that case for testing daily. It does require a license copy of VBR though not CE.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your instruction. I will try in your way.

However, I hope Veeam will develop this tool in the future coz I see my topic is good not touching directly to live-database.

Kenny.

Comment