Get Tape Content on the R&D forums

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Everyone,

I know this came up again recently but could not find the post. I am starting to wander more back to the forums due to work and saw this thread again which has moved on. Looks like someone has a solution to get tape content: https://forums.veeam.com/powershell-f26/get-tape-content-via-powershell-t22142-60.html

5 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That thread was interesting but dropped off for a while.  I am glad to see someone picking that back up again as this may help many for tape content.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Geoff Burke ..did you ever get an answer to your tape question from last week? (it was last week, right?) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m using Veeamone for this since v12:

Backups on Tape - Veeam ONE Reporting Guide

On large scale infra it’s works better than the posh script.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Geoff Burke ..did you ever get an answer to your tape question from last week? (it was last week, right?) 

I don’t remember what I asked now :). I think it was this again about getting information about what is on the tapes. This stems back to before Veeam had Tenant to Tape backups and I had a chewing gum beer can solution for archives using file to tape backups. However, I believe it is still not easy to see what vbk’s and vib’s are on the tape without manually right clicking on the tape archive and viewing properties.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I believe it was about a certain Tape Libray or Device you weren’t familiar with, but a client was using? Don’t recall the name of the Library type/vendor you inquired about.

Comment