Skip to main content
Solved

function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceReadFile' and Function name: [DoRpcWithBinary] fail

Hi all, 

I have a backup that fails with the error 

Failed to call RPC function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceReadFile'

and 

RPC function call failed. Function name: eDoRpcWithBinary].

I couldn't find anything that talks about that plugin or that function on the internet.

Do you know more about this function and why this problem can happen?

Thanks

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi there, please check the following links, I hope they help. 
https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-backup-replication-f2/error-rpc-function-call-failed-function-name-t23988.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Veeam/comments/chlw19/unable_to_access_target_repository_error_the_rpc/

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, this did not help me. I connected to the target machine that the error tells me and the server is turned on and the services are running. 

The backup was working and started to fail for 3 days and there were only warnings for production datastore getting low in free space.

Does the function PluginsHost.StoreOnceReadFile have anything to do with read rights ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It sounds rather like a network problem. As the error mentions StoreOnce I suppose you're using such a device as the backup repository? If so, are you able to reach it from your gateway server? And does it show any warnings/errors?

It sounds rather like a network problem. As the error mentions StoreOnce I suppose you're using such a device as the backup repository? If so, are you able to reach it from your gateway server? And does it show any warnings/errors?

Thanks regnor,

The connection to the storage is fine because there is another backup job with the same configuration that works perfectly 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ok that’s interesting. Any differences between the two jobs and have any configuration changes occurred?

Also it could be a problem with the metadata or configuration database; perhaps some missing restore points which are still referenced somewhere. Probably the best is to contact Veeam Support and let them check the logs.

Hi all,

I looked at the logs in more detail and just before putting the error message I got :

Info         [rpc] Loading options.
Info         [rpc] Getting version of the deployment service. Failed.

Warning      Failed to connect to Installer service on X.X.X.X:6160. Reason: Failed to check whether remote Installer service is available.   at Veeam.Backup.ProxyProvider.CProxyRawDeployerService.TestConnection(String srvName, CCliVeeamDeployer veeamDeployer, WindowsIdentity identityForImpersonationOrNull)

Warning      Access refused.
Warning      RPC function call failed. Function name: [GetSvcVersion]. Target machine: [X.X.X.X:6160].   à VeeamProxyClient.GenerateComException(basic_string<char\,std::char_traits<char>\,std::allocator<char> >* excMsg, Int32 errHrCode)

next is a lot of info and the error.

So I started following the KB2065: RPC function call failed. Function name: [GetSvcVersion] (veeam.com) but everything is ok I have the VeeamDeploymentSvc.exe listening on 6160 : 

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName "X.X.X.X" -Port 6160 
TcpTestSucceeded : True

Do you think I need to redeployed the veam installer service ?

Comment