Fun Friday: World Backup Day 2022 Countdown Concludes

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey everyone!

This is my last post on the run up to world backup day 2022. On Thursday the 31st March, World Backup Day 2022 will be upon us.

If you haven’t registered yet, our Veeamazing community manager @Kseniya and the Terrific Technologist @kirststoner12 will be delivering a LinkedIn Live event! If that by itself isn’t enough to make you jump straight on the register button… there are some prizes being given away too! Register here:

https://go.veeam.com/world-backup-day-2022

Now, onto Fun Friday!

Veeam make backups for a lot of SaaS and infrastructure platforms, but unfortunately, Veeam only protect digital assets. If Veeam could protect anything in the physical world, what would it be? I’m not just talking tech, I mean ANYTHING! Bonus points for the best & silliest answers!

For me, I wish I could backup & revert my car! Having given a few of my cars some dinks over the years or driven over some questionable potholes, it surely makes me wish there was a snapshot/revert option in real life!

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I wish it could protect the Maple Leafs so we can revert some of the crappy goals against them. 🤣😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Back in the days with Nintendo's gameboy, where no cloud services were available, I would given anything for a Backup of my gamesaves. 😂 

Userlevel 3
Badge

I think i would backup my whole body with single item restore. I think that would help in the future :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I think i would backup my whole body with single item restore. I think that would help in the future :D

Quick Rollback to 20? 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Ooo good one! My dog went blind last year and a backup of his eyes would be wonderful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I wish for a backup of physical books. So you could backup all your books and if you have to move them to another room or location you just “delete” them in the source location and restore them in the new one. No lifting of heavy boxes anymore.

But… a body backup with single item restore… very good idea @bb5890 😁

Userlevel 4
Badge

I wish to backup the dish of the first time I had gnocchi 26+ years ago.  The pillow of pasta literally melted on my tongue.  I have never found a place that could reproduce that experience.  It has become my life mission to find that perfect gnocchi.  I should make a Youtube channel of my journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Pre-digital photos.. that are lost. For me it like half my life did not exist or only in small bits and pieces here and there.. THEN CAME digital photos.. selfie addiction, Veeam Legend, Veeam Vanguard, bout with furious narcissism :) and resulting enormous insecurities that followed. All of this now tracked with 100’s of photos… I mean I was probably very different back in the analogue age :) it would be great to do a temporary instant restore to back then.. but perhaps with no “migrate back to production” if it turns out I was a loser and just don’t have enough photo/polaroid evidence of this :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I just want to be able to recover my point after hangover.

The after day would be easier. 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I just want to be able to recover my point after hangover.

The after day would be easier. 😂

Ah yes this would be great too eh as being older it seems worse then when I was younger.  🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Backup of all of life’s good experiences and travels so I could always revert to being back on holiday as and when needed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Backup of all of life’s good experiences and travels so I could always revert to being back on holiday as and when needed. 

Yeah, and to be able to replay them in a sandboxed data lab. 😃😃😃

Comment