Fun Friday: What was the first version of Veeam you used?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Time for everyone to show their age :grinning: what version of Veeam did you first use?

Bonus points if you remember the version of the first hypervisor you used it with!

37 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

9 version is it ok? :joy:

Every version is more than okay! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

9 version is it ok? :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Veeam V7 and Vsphere 5.0 :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I always say that the UI doesn't change that much over the years, but if I look at v5 then there are big differences compared to today.

Does anyone still have one of the first releases? Perhaps @Rick Vanover ?

Oh do I have a library…  I believe I still can get access to version 1 or such. 

My home library I think goes back to v4. Internally here we have it all. 

I would love to check out version 1 and see how it all started. Any chance that you could share it with us?😃

With v1, Veeam was in a hard competition with Vizioncore - if someone can remember?

I know the name, but that's all 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Rick Vanover : perhaps it is possible for you and your team to show a demo how everything started 15 years ago with version 1 and how we come to version 11 (12 ?) with per version the biggest improvements/changes :wink: , especially with screen-shots or a real live demo would be awesome :sweat_smile:

We’ll see Nico :)

This would be a real nice show 😎👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Rick Vanover : perhaps it is possible for you and your team to show a demo how everything started 15 years ago with version 1 and how we come to version 11 (12 ?) with per version the biggest improvements/changes :wink: , especially with screen-shots or a real live demo would be awesome :sweat_smile:

We’ll see Nico :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Used Veeam for the first time on Hyperv 2008 R2/2012R2, I don't remember the correct version I think 6.0

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I always say that the UI doesn't change that much over the years, but if I look at v5 then there are big differences compared to today.

I would love to check out version 1 and see how it all started. Any chance that you could share it with us?😃

With v1, Veeam was in a hard competition with Vizioncore - if someone can remember?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Well this fall is Veeam’s 15th anniversary….

So you may skip v12, v13 (could be questionable anyway :laughing: ) and v14? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I think something special is coming :sweat_smile::wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Would be great to see a montage for v12, Veeam through the ages!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I always say that the UI doesn't change that much over the years, but if I look at v5 then there are big differences compared to today. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing this @vNote42 !

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

OMG @vNote42 , never seen this interface of version 5.0:smile:

Here are a few screeshots (out of the user-guide :slight_smile: ):

(Transport Mode have been a property of the backup job, not as today of the proxy)

select backup destination
scheduler with at least one option less than today
select Replication destination
some adv. repl. options
old restore wizard

Thx @vNote42 , you see that it is an interface of Veeam, but during the years it has become more user-friendly, more logical and more intuitive I think ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Super 😎 never saw this interface.

Thank you for this view into the past 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It was Veeam 5.0 working with VMware ESXi 4.1, back to 2010… :no_mouth:

At that time Veeam was deployed by a guy that came from Austria and worked at Knapp.

Actually the first time I saw Veeam’s console I had no clue...

Oh, just found Veeam 5 binaries on a disk of mine … if someone is interested in :grin:

If you have a system to run this, too….

then you are the museum hero 🤣🤣🤣

😎👍🏼

only 11 years old :older_man:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I remember that colourful logo.  :joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

OMG @vNote42 , never seen this interface of version 5.0:smile:

Here are a few screeshots (out of the user-guide :slight_smile: ):

(Transport Mode have been a property of the backup job, not as today of the proxy)

select backup destination
scheduler with at least one option less than today
select Replication destination
some adv. repl. options
old restore wizard

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

At that time Veeam was deployed by a guy that came from Austria and worked at Knapp.

Oh, just found Veeam 5 binaries on a disk of mine … if someone is interested in :grin:

If you have a system to run this, too….

then you are the museum hero 🤣🤣🤣

😎👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

OMG @vNote42 , never seen this interface of version 5.0:smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Comment