Fun Friday: What's the meaning behind your username?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Was talking to @Kseniya about this the other day, those of you that don’t have your real name as your username, what’s the reason behind your name? :spy:

41 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MicoolPaul what a story!!! 😳 😄

I just went with my nickname that most people end up calling me by :) 

@dips, does this nickname mean something? 🙃

Nothing as cool as @MicoolPaul :smile: So my real name is Dipen but what tends to happen is just randomly, everyone starts shortening it to dips and I thought I’d roll with it. Nice and short :D 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My username is inder8588 ( name and my Car last number )

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I started in the R&D Forums 4 years ago, I had choosed my gaming name from my earlier time as a gamer (teenager time).

The name sticks with me since then 😂

Cool What games are you passionate about?
fsp arpg mmo mmotpg, survival, sciiFi open world?

link state is a routing protocol:heart_eyes:

Link state wow.. Is that OSPF ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MicoolPaul, you never said us what your username means! :blush:  Why is Micool and not Michael? 

Didn’t wanna make it ALL about me!

It’s normally stylised as mI-Cool, as it highlights how you’d pronounce it better. As Michael sounds like the question “am I cool” as where I grew up most people didn’t pronounce the a in “am”, so when you say them, they sound the same. But “Michael” is normally taken on forums and stuff so I wanted to keep my name but in a unique way!

🤓

Intersting & Cool :)

Userlevel 3

I came up with my username when I was trying to create it - when submitting my username I kept getting the Veeam web server error “400” which means Bad Request. After the fifth try I changed my desired username to LostInEther and it worked.

LostInEther is short for Lost In the Ethernet. Earlier on the day I created this account I received several web server errors on a few different websites. Go figure. :nerd:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for sharing @Inder and @LostInEther! Loving the personal touch with the car Inder!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MicoolPaul : You are cool as of your username .. Mr Cool :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

When I started in the R&D Forums 4 years ago, I had choosed my gaming name from my earlier time as a gamer (teenager time).

The name sticks with me since then 😂

Cool What games are you passionate about?
fsp arpg mmo mmotpg, survival, sciiFi open world?

link state is a routing protocol:heart_eyes:

Today, it‘s most likely metroidvanias and Fantasy RPGs or Action Adventure. Most of the time single player. As a teenager, I was playing to long world of warcraft :-) My username here was created for wow back then. 
Zero time for that today. 😅

I‘m waiting for Horizon Forbidden West and God of War now :-)

Horizon will be a hit! I’m currently on Mass Effect, again :heart:

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Not very fancy for me, my first name and my country code

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Good question!

Years ago I started my own blog. It was meant to be my own virtual notebook. Therefore vNote seems to be the perfect name for it. Naively I did not think the name could already exists :rolling_eyes: . So wanted to add a number. Unless you are Michael Cade, it is not cool to add a simple 1 :joy:  (like at twitter). So a better number had to be found. And what number could be better than the “Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything”? 

If you don’t know what I am talking about, please read Douglas Adams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! I would say its a must read world literature!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good question!

Years ago I started my own blog. It was meant to be my own virtual notebook. Therefore vNote seems to be the perfect name for it. Naively I did not think the name could already exists :rolling_eyes: . So wanted to add a number. Unless you are Michael Cade, it is not cool to add a simple 1 :joy:  (like at twitter). So a better number had to be found. And what number could be better than the “Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything”? 

If you don’t know what I am talking about, please read Douglas Adams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! I would say its a must read world literature!

I thought 42 was THGttG! :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Good question!

I thought 42 was THGttG! :grin:

it is part of it

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Over on the R&D forums, my username is Spooky Door. I stole this from a card game I played once. I can’t remember what it was called, but it was a goofy horror themed card game where you try and collect a certain set of cards and you win. One of the cards is called “The Spooky Door” and that really appealed to my sense of humor.

bp4JC is a reference to my faith as a Christian. bp are my initialsand JC are the initials for Jesus Christ.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

My name unfortunately doesn't have a great story behind it. I don't know where it come from but like @Mildur I've used it many games. And so I've also chosen the name for the Veeam forums; which was 10 years ago by the way 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That’s interesting, as I was wondering what is the meaning of @regnor:smile:

Did you also use the nickname generator to create it? :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I can’t really remember...it could be possible that I’ve gotten it from a name generator of a MMORPG but I’m not sure :sweat_smile:

Comment