Fun Friday #59: Goals for 2023

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Morning all!

Happy Friday! As the first month of 2023 draws to a close, most New Year’s resolutions of being healthy, or picking up a new hobby, or quitting a bad habit, tend to lay in ruins.

So I ask, what goals have you got for 2023? It’d be nice to commit them to this topic and then see how everyone did over the year.

It could be passing an exam, learning a new technology, a career change, or anything! What’ve you got in mind?

I’m aiming to finish my Azure Architect journey by achieving the AZ-305 certification, and learning more about Kubernetes. 🙂

15 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I want to do some cerifications this year.

• VMCE
  • One or two cloud certifications
  • And - finally - TOGAF…

And I want to build a Veeam Cloud Connect enviroment for my company to be able to offer BaaS….

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I’m aiming to finish my Azure Architect journey by achieving the AZ-305 certification, and learning more about Kubernetes. 🙂

Wow.. AZ-305 is also in my roadmap, I have the free voucher because I had participated in the last microsoft challenge! 😃

But I think you have to give AZ-104 first, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

And I want to build a Veeam Cloud Connect enviroment for my company to be able to offer BaaS….

Be quick, the world of Veeam Service Providers is waiting for you! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

This year I planned VMCA and some Azure/AWS certification.

I hope I can complete everything, it's always good to study and learn new things!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wow.. AZ-305 is also in my roadmap, I have the free voucher because I had participated in the last microsoft challenge! 😃

But I think you have to give AZ-104 first, right?

To hold the title “Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert” that’s correct you need the AZ-104 as well. But you can do them the other way round if you want. Which if you’ve got the free exam voucher you might as well try 😁 https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/certifications/azure-solutions-architect/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I want to do some cerifications this year.

• VMCE
  • One or two cloud certifications
  • And - finally - TOGAF…

These are pretty great goals.  The VCC buildout isn’t too bad.  I have a very small one, but it’s more for client backup management than BAAS.  Best of luck on the certs!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I don’t like to do resolutions, because it’s just a wish.  Generally it’s not a goal with a plan on how to get there and as you noted, they fall apart.

That said, my list includes finally completing my VMCE and getting my blog fully running (getting close).  There are many others, some personal, some professional, and some Veeam-specific.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My roadmap, planned with my leader, for 2023 is: 

VMCE/VMCA

VCP-DCV

Commvault Engineer

AZ-900

AWS and GCP cloud Fundamental

CCSP

I don't know if my brain will be able to keep up this rate but I'll try.... and work commitments permit me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

2023 Roadmap -

VCP-DCV/VCAP-DCV - renewals and new to achieve VCIX

VMCE/VMCA - once new v12 are released 😎

AZ-900 - Gotta start somewhere

Kubernetes/Kasten K10 - Learning and certification if possible

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Cisco certifications - CCDP
Kubernetes/Kasten K10
AWS and AZ certifications

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Wow, Im so impressed!

you guys are so ambitious! nice goals for 2023!!

to be honest, Im more focused on community this year...

• Veeam Legend / Vanguard
  • Vmware vExpert

And if I get the right time and resources

• vmware VCP-DCV
  • some course / workshop for job improvement

cheers-

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wow, Im so impressed!

• Vmware vExpert

• vmware VCP-DCV

cheers-

Yes, those are some good goals too that I am surprised no one mentioned was ensuring acceptance back into the Vanguard/Legends/vExpert programs. 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Wow, Im so impressed!

• Vmware vExpert

• vmware VCP-DCV

cheers-

😂😂😂

Ok, I hope to be accepted into the Veeam Legends program again this year.

And perhaps into one or two other programs, too… 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Learn more cloud - specifically Azure \ o365

Become a Veeam Legend

Play as much drums and shows with my bands as I can. 

Keep working out and get in extremely good shape.

Keep working on culture shifts, procedural shifts at work as I have the tech stuff in the right direction. Once people get onboard the WHY, it’s much easier to do the HOW. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Learn more about Veeam Cloud products.

Progress in Cloud certifications. Probably focusing on AWS Solutions Architect certification.

Build blogging into a regular habit to keep up to date with changes in the industry and learn technologies more in depth.

Getting and staying more fit physically and mentally.

Comment