Solved

Fun Friday #54: Marketing Data Loss

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Happy Friday everyone!

I was having a chat with @regnor yesterday and we were getting a bit sarcastic about the gap between new products and how long it takes for them to have a proper data protection option available (Teams Chat API is a great example of this!).

So I thought this might be a bit of Friday Fun.

I want you to market data loss, like it’s a good thing! Whoever’s gets the most likes is the funniest and wins being the “answer” to the question (for those sweet sweet community points!)

Scenario: You’ve just lost all your company data and you’re about to tell the board, what do you say?

Example: “You know last month I was complaining about our tech debt? Well… it’s gone now!”

Now your turn! And be as silly as you like, it’s fun Friday after all!!! 😁

icon

Best answer by regnor 11 November 2022, 14:13

View original

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“I have saved the company some 100.000$/€, because I canceled all requests for more storage!”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

You know all those HR investigations …… well worry no more

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Now that we've lost all our source code, we no longer need to take care of all the bugs. Finally our developers can start from scratch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

“Folks, I have great news, there is no need now to worry about the upcoming recession, and as far as those ongoing patent violation investigations, I fixed them too, Now I am heading out and have left a small report for you all in the lobby” :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Now that we've lost all our source code, we no longer need to take care of all the bugs. Finally our developers can start from scratch.

I wish I didn’t have a client that had this happen...except the developers no longer existed, so they pretty much just decided that whatever apps/tools they were use, they didn’t need.  The upside...they were also using Server 2003 (this was about 3 years ago), and had some if these devices directly on the internet such as public DNS, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

No need to worry about ransomware!  I’ve solved that problem…the malware can no longer get to our data!

Comment