Question

Error facing during taking VM's backup through veeam. please help

• 14 December 2022
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 2
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 3 comments
Hi, I am taking backup of my VMs through Veeam. but when backup is stated then a error is shown that is “Preparing backup proxy VMWare backup proxy for hard disk 1 (nbd)” & Object refference not set to an instance of an object. please help . Thanks

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @MBG 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Have you had a look at your Backup Proxy? It is online?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Duplicate issue: I think this question was raised again in order to resolve your issue @MBG.

Could you please take a look at this link as the issue relates to yours. If this does not resolve your issue, kindly open up a case with Veeam Support: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1690569-veeam-backup-and-replication-issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Duplicate issue: I think this question was raised again in order to resolve your issue @MBG.

Could you please take a look at this link as the issue relates to yours. If this does not resolve your issue, kindly open up a case with Veeam Support: https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1690569-veeam-backup-and-replication-issue

@Madi.Cristil - can you close this topic and reference the other one here 👆🏼

This is the second time the person has asked the same question.

Userlevel 2

@Chris.Childerhose Dear thanks for your support but still not any satisfactory solution received i have. thatswhy again i open this query and still trying to fix this issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Object reference not set to an instance of an object is a generic programming error. It means that one of the variables is NULL unexpectedly. If you could provide some logs from the backup job this could potentially shine some light on WHAT is unexpectedly returning NULL. I’d expect this to be a database record not quite being correct for a component such as a proxy or repository.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose Dear thanks for your support but still not any satisfactory solution received i have. thatswhy again i open this query and still trying to fix this issue. 

Yes but you don't need to open multiple topics with the same question keep it in the one thread for consistency.

Comment