Solved

Error : An operation on a socket could not be performed lacked sufficient buffer space

• 22 November 2023
  • 3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hello guys,

One of my customer has encounter the following error message in a backup job.

I never saw this message before. The Veeam version is 11 last patch.
It’s a linux repository.

I asked to my customer to open a support case, but in parallel maybe one of you has already meet this one ?!

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 22 November 2023, 15:48

View original

3 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yep have seen that, can you check the number of network ports that are consumed on the VBR server, if in doubt run the below:

netstat -abno > C:\<Directory>\<filename.txt>

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sorry for double posting, after adding the code the page wouldn’t let change my formatting back from code…

I had this whereby ports were being exhausted on the VBR server to the repositories and proxies.

In one example I had AV issues that was breaking the communication down and forcing Veeam to set up additional listening ports & processes.

In another example I discovered a load of backup repositories misconfigured to not have any limit for concurrent tasks, and then backup copy jobs utilising them, if you don’t have a limit set then it’s 500 task concurrency, per repository, so this generated thousands of sessions of copying data, each needing VBR to orchestrate the process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MicoolPaul Thank you for this quick response ! I suspected the number of parallel tasks, this number is well configured on the repository
But I will ask to check again and run your cmd.

Comment