Error: All backup proxies are offline or outdated -- How to Fix this Error

• 6 February 2024
  • 7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Someone on the Community reported the error of this post - “All backup proxies are offline or outdated” here -

https://community.veeam.com/topic/show?tid=6645&fid=66

I ran in to this issue in my HomeLab and opened a ticket with Veeam Support about it.  I was able to figure out the issue myself and wanted to post the fix steps here so that if you run in to this issue you can take the steps needed to address it yourself.

This error does not seem to report anything in the log files which was the first thing I checked.  So, the steps to fix it are as follows -

1. Remove the Proxy from the Veeam console using Delete.
  2. Remove the server from Managed Servers section - this will uninstall the components from the server.
  3. Log in to the Proxy server to ensure all components for Veeam are gone - if not remove them in the Control Panel
  4. Reboot the Proxy server
  5. Add the server back in to the Veeam Console as a Proxy server which will reinstall the components again.
  6. Validate your failed jobs by running them again and this time when it uses the Proxy it will work, and the job will complete successfully.

I had 5 jobs which were NAS File backups that failed but after doing this they ran successfully on schedule.

Something with the component files was corrupted somehow as validated by the Support Rep as well so removing and readding it to Veeam addresses the issue.

Hopefully this helps those that run in to this issue to resolve it themselves without the need for a Support case (closing mine today 😁)

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Easy fix, but annoying error I’m sure. Thanks for sharing how Support got you working again Chris!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not a problem.  Sharing is caring as they say. 😉

Also, support did not fix it I did as that tends to happen when I open cases and can teach them the fix.  🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“Also, support did not fix it I did as that tends to happen when I open cases and can teach them the fix.  🤣” ← Nice! hahaha

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for posting the fix. I’m cautious with my proxies as they are also my repos. (Hope to separate soon on our hardware refresh). 

That’s a little game I play when I open tickets to. Open the ticket, then see if I can fix it before I get a response. 🤣.  I can usually fix a VMware issue by the time I get a response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah...with the quality of VMW support, you're better off trying to resolve an issue on your own 😏

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I can almost always fix things myself with Veeam before support gets to it or gives me things to try.  I don’t create the VMW cases here but could probably solve those too.  😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for posting the fix. I’m cautious with my proxies as they are also my repos. (Hope to separate soon on our hardware refresh). 

That’s a little game I play when I open tickets to. Open the ticket, then see if I can fix it before I get a response. 🤣.  I can usually fix a VMware issue by the time I get a response. 

Not a problem.  It was perplexing as I could watch the jobs run, the proxy goes offline, job fail then the proxy come back online in the Veeam console.  It was strange to say the least.

Comment