Skip to main content

Hello,

I just read this solved topic

It’s very similar to my case but it doesn’t resolve it…
The wizzard can connect to my proxmox node with root account, I validate the host key, it get storage information but when I click on “apply” at the end of the process :

I try to check in the server log but I can’t see anything significant.
In the topic I have linked, it talk about checking logs, can you tel me precisely wich log I can see ?
I check on the promox node with journalctl and in /var/log but maybe I’ve missed something ?

On the windows veeam B&R server, nothing in the event viewer …

The other post solution is to remove MFA from root account, is there an other place to do it than on the proxmox web ui ?

Thanks for your help

What version of Proxmox are you using?  Is it 8.2 or higher as per the requirements?

Yes I follow the requirement.

proxmox ve 8.2.4

veeam 12.2

Ok. Not sure what to suggest as I have not played with Proxmox just yet.  Check the community as I know there has been activities on this or best solution might be a support ticket.

I also opened a support ticket, but no answer for the moment.
Is there some log on veeam B&R server out of the event viewer I can check ?

I also opened a support ticket, but no answer for the moment.
Is there some log on veeam B&R server out of the event viewer I can check ?

Logs for Veeam are located here - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup

Unsure which folder or log file there would give you ideas but I can usually find the log by the name. 

We finally found the solution to add our proxmox node.
At the end it was a naming problem. We named our server with fqdn but the proxmox node are named with shortname.
When veeam connect to the proxmox node, it search the node with the hostname which was the fqdn, so it didn’t found it and … error

We just rename the hostename (hostnamectl set-hostname ashortname]) and restart registering the server in veeam, everything is OK since.
Thanks for the help

Great to hear you were able to solve it @utech13 and sharing the solution.

Comment