Solved

DXi Appliance - Veeam Integration

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello all,

Today I come to you with an important issue for me. Has anyone used Quantum's DXi backup appliance? How do you think the product integrates with Veeam? I need some important information like dedup rate, data security, write/read performance. If anyone has experience with this it would be great.

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 25 April 2024, 15:28

View original

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The help section for Veeam has information for Quantum DXi - Quantum DXi - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

More details here - Quantum Corporation DXi Series (veeam.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Also Quantum site has details to with Veeam - DXi Veeam Installation (quantum.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I do have some experience with the Virtual Appliance,

not integrated, deployed and connected via CIFs and NFS.

It works pretty well. 
I’ve got a fantastic 15:1 dedup rate, all data was Windows VMs, so it did the trick.

If you are looking for implementing it in production, I strongly recommend you to contact them,

and ask for a POC or POV, and a pre sales to show you the integration, rates and information first hand.

as I said, my experiene is from my lab, not in production.

cheers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I do have some experience with the Virtual Appliance,

not integrated, deployed and connected via CIFs and NFS.

It works pretty well. 
I’ve got a fantastic 15:1 dedup rate, all data was Windows VMs, so it did the trick.

If you are looking for implementing it in production, I strongly recommend you to contact them,

and ask for a POC or POV, and a pre sales to show you the integration, rates and information first hand.

as I said, my experiene is from my lab, not in production.

cheers.

Thank u Luis. I will check what u said. I have a meet with their. I will share my experience with community.

Comment