Deduplication Analyzer Free

• Anonymous
  • 0 comments

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you this tool that Im using to estimate the deduplcation ratio for my storage,

StarWind Deduplication Analyzer.

https://www.starwindsoftware.com/starwind-deduplication-analyzer

running

done!

Check it out!

just a quick tip that works for me:

Deduplication ratios for me are always “in theory”!!

Have a good one.

7 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx for share @HunterLF 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks for sharing @HunterLF 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

That’s pretty cool - does it analyze volumes that are Windows Dedupe? I’m not familiar with the tool but sounds cool.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Wow this is a great tool.  Will take a look at it with our Data Domain appliance if it works there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That’s pretty cool - does it analyze volumes that are Windows Dedupe? I’m not familiar with the tool but sounds cool.

@Rick Vanover 

It will work with ESXi Datastores, windows filesystems and SMB Shares:

StarWind Deduplication Analyzer technical paper - Resource Library (starwindsoftware.com)

Scanned C:\program Files\Veeam:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks...this looks pretty awesome.  I was less impressed with their P2V tool as it can’t do nearly as much as the VMware vCenter Standalone Converter, but it’s also not abandonware…..

Hi

Im using it to evaluate my folders and units before activating windows dedup, to see how much space I can safe with it.

the cool thing is that not only units, also folders, so we can activate dedup in a unit, except everything and include only the analysed folders.

Comment