Solved

Backup & Replication console won't connect after upgrade to 12.1.0.2131

Userlevel 3

Hi,  We’ve just upgraded our Veeam Backup and Replication server to v12.1.0.213.  All went very smoothly.  I also upgraded the Backup and Replication Console, which sits on another server, to the same version. We usually use this for access to Veeam.  Again, the upgrade went well with nothing untoward being apparent.  

However, now my Veeam console will not log in to the Veeam Server. I get a message saying “Failed to connect VeeamBackup & Replication server: The logon attempt failed.”

On investigation, I found that this occurred when I was using the server name (as the field was auto-populated with this info from before the upgrade).  However, if I use the IP of the Veeam server, the console connects as expected.  I tested this using the full FQDN of the Veeam server, but still did not connect - it only seems to connect using the IP. 

Has anyone got any suggestions of how I can connect using server name again?

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by phil123456789 29 January 2024, 12:48

View original

34 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice! Glad to hear you got it sorted, & thanks for providing an update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad to hear you resolved the issue as well as sharing what the solution was.  It is too bad you had to rejoin the domain again.

Userlevel 1

Had this problem immediately, and can reproduce on fresh installs. Un joining and rejoing a backup server in a production environment as a solution is problematic to say the least.

Userlevel 3

Had this problem immediately, and can reproduce on fresh installs. Un joining and rejoing a backup server in a production environment as a solution is problematic to say the least.

I agree.  At the moment I’m living with it as-is and had to reconnect my handful of desktop clients to point by IP instead of FQDN.  I’ll probably end up doing a fresh install and migrate the server off the domain per best practices, but that will take some time to plan out properly.

100% a Veeam upgrade issue, no changes here pre-upgrade and I'm having this issue too.

Every VBRC has this across all of our clients that we manage via VSPC.  

One we notice, is regardless if you upgrade via VSPC or local, it installs a local server backup and causes VSPC to fail loading.

Now, once we spent 24 hours fixing this garbage, none of our servers will connect to vSPC.  No cert issues.  

Yeah, I’m beyond pissed, and the fact I can’t just call someone for support, and nothing is updated in forums about all these issues. 

Yeah,  maybe you can tell I’m pissed off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

100% a Veeam upgrade issue, no changes here pre-upgrade and I'm having this issue too.

Every VBRC has this across all of our clients that we manage via VSPC.  

One we notice, is regardless if you upgrade via VSPC or local, it installs a local server backup and causes VSPC to fail loading.

Now, once we spent 24 hours fixing this garbage, none of our servers will connect to vSPC.  No cert issues.  

Yeah, I’m beyond pissed, and the fact I can’t just call someone for support, and nothing is updated in forums about all these issues. 

Yeah,  maybe you can tell I’m pissed off.

This is not the place to take this attitude or language. If you have a complaint then post it on the forums as there is no one here from the Veeam Product management team!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Glad to hear you issue is  resolved 

I so hoped this will be solved in 12.1.1.56 :-(

Userlevel 1

I so hoped this will be solved in 12.1.1.56 :-(

Wow really not fixed. 20yr enterprise customer here saying “shame”.

Comment