Solved

Backup Job VM with red bug on VM icon

• 26 January 2024
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 1

Have search and search and can’t seem to find out what this icon with the red bug on it means. Can anyone give any insight as to what it means?

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 26 January 2024, 15:16

View original

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, it means that the VM has suspected malware inside it. You need to go to the main screen, look at the job statistics for the VMs with that symbol, or go to the inventory view to see more information and whether to mark as clean. This could be something as simple as your AV using file extensions that trigger a rule, or it could be something sinister, so you’d best investigate and validate its findings. More details: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/malware_detection.html?ver=120

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

This icon marks suspicious/infected machines as identified by the new malware detection features in Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1.

See details here: How Malware Detection Works - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Userlevel 1

Ok, thanks for the information. I know one of our commercial business programs has given a false positives in the past with our AV product. I will dig into it. For future reference, is there a document that has what has all of Veeam’s icons/symbols along with their meaning?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi!

I hadn’t found this page before but it turns out there is one, here: Restore Points Icons - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com) and a second for hypervisor icons: Hypervisor Infrastructure Icons - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It is definitely a surprise icon if you have not used 12.1 for a bit, but as noted by others it is suspicious/infected file detection.  Great new feature and if you use Veeam ONE you can see the Threat Dashboard too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

By the way welcome to the Veeam Community @Heather 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You gave me an idea there @Heather  also → an icon library in UIs...

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi!

I hadn’t found this page before but it turns out there is one, here: Restore Points Icons - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com) and a second for hypervisor icons: Hypervisor Infrastructure Icons - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Good find, those will be handy to remember for reference

Comment