Solved

Backup Database Oracle 9 in bare-metal not working

Userlevel 2

Dear,

I have a bare-metal Linux Server Oracle 9 with Oracle 19g database,

I'm tryng peform a entire backup using Veeam Backup and Replication Community on a Windows Server 2019, and I give Errors and i need some help to troubleshoot it.

I've installed Veeam Agent on a Linux Server following step

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agentforlinux/userguide/installation_repo.html?ver=60https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agentforlinux/userguide/installation_val.html?ver=60

I've had add the linux computer on Veeam Server

Aways that i try perform a backup, return the error: Session has failed unexpectedly;

Someone can help?

Att,

icon

Best answer by Chris.Childerhose 29 April 2024, 15:24

View original

19 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi, we’ll need to see some logs to work out what is going on here, the backup never starts so this could be something such as a missing dependency or communication issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @jenner.filho, as Paul added above, more information will be needed to pinpoint the root cause of this issue. But here is a similar issue: https://forums.veeam.com/veeam-agent-for-windows-f33/veeam-agent-managed-session-has-failed-unexpectedly-t60727.html 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Check the logs here - C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\JobName -- this will give you more details on what the job is failing on and as noted can help us help you.

The message you are seeing and posted is too generic to give any ideas for fixing the problem.

Also check the kernel versions of the Linux box as well from here - System Requirements - Veeam Agent for Linux User Guide

Userlevel 2

Hi There,

I looking into job logs, i found some line

Seems that Veeam Server aren't able to open SSH connection to the Linux Server,

I've test the SSH connection using putty and 22 Port, and works well,

There's some issue that i Haven't check net?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi There,

Are you able to in Veeam for the connection settings to the Linux box enable the elevate option to Root within the settings?  And then try and see if this fixes the issue.  Seems odd SSH works outside Veeam and then you added the server in Veeam which worked.

Userlevel 2

Reading the logs I found this issue

28.04.2024 14:03:28] <01> Warning      [Ssh] Failed to create Granados SSH connection '46bbf759-a712-40f0-be82-f459af8c9cbd', switch to Renci SSH. Server does not support diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 for keyexchange

Someone know how to fix this?

Userlevel 2

Hi There,

Are you able to in Veeam for the connection settings to the Linux box enable the elevate option to Root within the settings?  And then try and see if this fixes the issue.  Seems odd SSH works outside Veeam and then you added the server in Veeam which worked.

Where can I find the check box?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Reading the logs I found this issue

28.04.2024 14:03:28] <01> Warning      [Ssh] Failed to create Granados SSH connection '46bbf759-a712-40f0-be82-f459af8c9cbd', switch to Renci SSH. Server does not support diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 for keyexchange

Someone know how to fix this?

So this is where I would look next is the type of SSH security that can be used.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi There,

When you edit the Linux server in the Veeam console and get to the credentials screen hit the Advanced button and you can turn it on there.

Userlevel 2

Hi There,

When you edit the Linux server in the Veeam console and get to the credentials screen hit the Advanced button and you can turn it on there.

I Looking into and found just that,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi There,

Click the Manage Accounts link and edit the root credentials there.  Sorry that was my mistake wrong spot.

Userlevel 2

Hi There,

Click the Manage Accounts link and edit the root credentials there.  Sorry that was my mistake wrong spot.

No problem, i look into and seems that i wont be able to check the box, because i already using a root account,

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Ah ok.  Well there has to be something with SSH and permissions.  I would check the SHA1 stuff out next.

Userlevel 2

Dear,

I did upgrade the Veeam to v12, and after that, i'm getting a diferente error;

[29.04.2024 15:27:31.424]    <01>    Info (3)    [LinuxEpDeploy] Getting product package, Package pattern 'veeam-5.0.2.4567-1.el8.x86_64.rpm'
[29.04.2024 15:27:31.427]    <01>   Error (3)    [LinuxEpDeploy] Unable to find package for pattern 'veeam-5.0.2.4567-1.el8.x86_64.rpm'.
[29.04.2024 15:27:31.437]    <01>    Info (3)    Failed to get linux agent package version.
[29.04.2024 15:27:31.437]    <01>    Info (3)    Unable to find package for 'veeam-5.0.2.4567-1.el8.x86_64.rpm' (System.Exception)

There is someone that know what that means?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Check this post regarding a similar issue and kernel versions - [LINUX] Kernel 5.16 and later, veeamsnap support - Page 4 - R&D Forums

Userlevel 2

Check this post regarding a similar issue and kernel versions - [LINUX] Kernel 5.16 and later, veeamsnap support - Page 4 - R&D Forums

I check this post, but this post refere to a Linux Kernel 5.16 or later, my kernel are 5.4 (UEK R6) and are compliant with the system requirements

Look

I'm tryng to understand, withou successfully why this error are Breaking the backup job

[29.04.2024 20:41:15.356]    <01>   Error (3)    [LinuxEpDeploy] Unable to find package for pattern 'veeam-5.0.2.4567-1.el8.x86_64.rpm'.
[29.04.2024 20:41:15.367]    <01>    Info (3)    Failed to get linux agent package version.
[29.04.2024 20:41:15.367]    <01>    Info (3)    Unable to find package for 'veeam-5.0.2.4567-1.el8.x86_64.rpm' (System.Exception)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Unsure at this point.  My suggestion is a support case.

Userlevel 2

Dear All,

I found the solution, 

It was a incompatibility Veeam packet with Kernel Version of Oracle Linux,

A installed a EPEL repository and DKMS builder e reinstall all the Veeam Agent files e worked,

Thanks for all the support!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Glad you figured it out and it was the kernel after all.  😉

Comment