Question

Backup Copy failed with Error: Failed to call RPC function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceGetCopyJobsForObject'

• 23 April 2024
  • 1 comment

Userlevel 2

Hi Team,
can someone please help to resolve below issue.

i started a backup copy job.

the backup copy job replicates data from HPE storeonce Azure cloudbank repository to Azure based storeonce VSA, this is first time we configured this.

actual data backup traffic path is given below,

physical storeonce catalyst -> storeonce cloudbank in Azure -> VSA catalyst store.

on-prem proxy servers and storeonce connected via FC cable and Veeam servers is also running as a VM in Azure.

we observed this error during copy job of storeonce cloudbank in Azure -> VSA catalyst store.

please help to know possible reasons for this error and how we can mitigate this.

we also see below errors on this same copy job,

[Error] Creating new metadata file Error: Failed to call RPC function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceFastMoveFile': TryPopById Pipe message queue was canceled.
[Error] Error: Failed to call RPC function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceFastMoveFile': TryPopById Pipe message queue was canceled.

1 comment

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I see that you already created a case and posted on the forums as well - Case #07233335 — Backup Copy failed with Error: Failed to call RPC function 'PluginsHost.StoreOnceGetCopyJobsForObject' (veeam.com)

I would suggest that you upload the logs to the case as noted and work with them.  Based on the errors I would check the StoreOnce Plugin to make sure they are up to date but other than cannot offer much information.  Also if not using the latest release of Veeam would suggest to upgrade - 12.1.1.56.

We can offer suggestions in the community but we are not technical support as also noted on the forums so we offer suggestions, etc.  It is best with something like this to work with technical support.

Comment