Solved

Backup Configuration job warning after upgrade to VBR12 RTM

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  • Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
  • 184 comments

Any idea for this? It’s pure Hyper-V with Azure, not AWS.

1/31/2023 10:06:49 AM Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: The HTTP resource that matches the request URI 'https://vbr11:9402/api/v1/account/login' is not supported.

icon

Best answer by Mildur 2 February 2023, 07:45

View original

38 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The URL says …vbr11:9402…

I think you have to setup the connection again...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Vbr11 is my server name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

AWS, Azure and GCP backup appliances are not compatible yet with VBR v12. They won‘t work.

You need to wait for the new appliance + plugin versions of AWS, Azure and GCP.

The upgrade compatibility checker should have mentioned that. I had to remove my appliances from the VBR configuration before doing the upgrade.

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

m.. interesting. I didn’t use any Backup appliances, it’s an Azure blob only, not AWS or others, but the warning message is showing “Failed to connect to AWS plug-in: Failed to login to platform service”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Can you please open a support case then? Doesn‘t sound expected. Maybe a bug then. Azure Blob is supported. But the AWS plugin shouldn‘t give you this error message if no appliances are configured.  

RTM is fully supported and our support will be able to help you.

Thanks

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mildur Thanks for the recommendation. I thought someone got the same warning as mine. I believed it was a bug.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@CarySun  - the plug-ins for AWS and Azure will be soon after GA, they’re not in the RTM release for B&R. Google Cloud will be on GA. This is an important catch so I’ll make sure this is in the Upgrade Center notes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Same here. Configuration backup flags the above warning daily since the upgrade V11->V12(RTM).

No AWS used in the demo environment. So I consider this a cosmetical issue with the built-in plugin right now.

The Azure plugin seems to work though, as the demo is doing some SOBR offloading to Azure S3.

Same here. Configuration backup flag is warning since the upgrade V11->V12(RTM).

No AWS used at all … on both servers :-( that have been upgraded ...

Same with us since the RTM 12 upgrade of Veeam. When doing a configuration Backup the AWS warnign appears int ehWe also don’t use AWS warning appears in the result.

“Warning Failed to connect to AWS plug-in: Failed to login to platform service: The HTTP resource that matches the request URI 'https://server:9402/api/v1/account/login' is not supported.”

After typing the uri into a web browser session on the local backup server I receive the following answer:

errorCode    "MethodNotAllowed"
message    "HTTP Method not allowed"
resourceId    null

Further investigations look like that the Veeam service has got a problem with self signed certificate on the local backup server.
Is there any update on this issue, yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Did anyone open a support case regarding this issue?

Did anyone open a support case regarding this issue?

being out of office today I could open one tomorrow ...

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

M..interesting, the configuration backup is back to normal after I migrated the existing VBR 12 server (it was migrated from v11a to v12 RTM) to the new server with PostgreSQL. I did not try to migrate to the new server with Microsoft SQL yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The database was upgraded to the last version with all improvements when migrating to PostgreSQL.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I agree that PostgreSQL improvements are better than SQL, but I don’t think the issues relate to the database. I think VBR 12 RTM may not upgrade the API urI perfectly (The HTTP resource that matches the request URI 'https://vbr11:9402/api/v1/account/login' is not supported).

After migrating to the new server with Microsoft SQL, the issues are also gone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hello

The issue is confirmed by our team for In-place upgrades to RTM.

The cause are the outdated plugins which are still installed after the upgrade. A new installation of v12 RTM won‘t have that issue.

We will change that behavior for our GA release.

Best,

Fabian

Hello

The issue is confirmed by our team for In-place upgrades to RTM.

The cause are the outdated plugins which are still installed after the upgrade. A new installation of v12 RTM won‘t have that issue.

We will change that behavior for our GA release.

Best,

Fabian

Any ideas how to solve this problem with RTM release?

Regards Markus

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Markus

For now please ignore the warning. We plan to provide a better solution when GA is released. Also RTM can be upgraded to GA if we have a new build.

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@Mildur Thanks for the feedback!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Mildur Thank you for the update.

GA is released now. Is there a solution to this Problem with RTM installed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ROLS733 

You need to wait for the “RTM-To-GA” Patch. It shouldn’t take to long.

I will update this post with the KB article after the release.

Best,

Fabian

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ROLS733 

You need to wait for the “RTM-To-GA” Patch. It shouldn’t take to long.

I will update this post with the KB article after the release.

Best,

Fabian

What Mildur says - but I expect it Friday. The internal communication was that the patch would be readh Thursday close-of-business from the devs; then the KB made right after that - so Friday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

V12: RTM to GA Patch is out:

https://www.veeam.com/kb4415

The patch will fix the notification warning :)

• Configuration backup with encryption enabled completes with the warning:
    Failed to connect to AWS plug-in

Thanks,

Fabian

I am receiving the “Failed to connect to AWS plug-in” warning even though I upgraded using the GA ISO. I am on build 12.0.0.1420.

Comment