Solved

B&R can't login to linux VM after reboot (fingerprint ?)

Userlevel 1

Hi, since an unattend shutdown of our server, our B&R can't established connection to our (only) linux vm.

Of course this stuff worked before.

When i tried to connect through ssh for the first time after the shutdown, it says that fingerprint key of the host changed. I bassicaly remove the old fingerprint in my local known-hosts file.

- I checked sshd logs in the timeframe i tried to login through B&R console and this shows :

sshd[10137]: Unable to negotiate with 192.168.0.216 port 52062: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]

sshd[10139]: Unable to negotiate with 192.168.0.216 port 52063: no matching host key type found. Their offer: ssh-rsa,ssh-dss [preauth]

- I tried to allow diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 and ssh-rsa in ssh_config file of my server. But it doesn't change anything. ❌

- I tried with different user, it doesn't change anything. ❌

- I reinstall ssh-server, it doesn't change anything. ❌

- On B&R console i removed and add host in backup job, it doesn't change anything. ❌

- From the bakcup server i tried to connect to linux host with putty, it doesn't work with the B&R putty's version. ❌ BUT with the latest version it works and ask me to accept the fingerprint. ✅

After all this tests I'm wondering, there's a known-hosts file likes for veeam B&R ? How can i clean cache connection between them ?

We run:

• B&R in 9.5u3 (need to upgrade)

• Hypervisor: Hyper-V 2012

• Linux host : Ubuntu 22.04

• Linux user : admin user into sudoers file

I would appreciate any help.

icon

Best answer by quietfoo 6 April 2023, 12:31

View original

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Whats the you didn’t upgrade yet?

Was it your B&R server or the Linux server that suffered the unplanned shutdown?

Userlevel 1

Whats the you didn’t upgrade yet?

Was it your B&R server or the Linux server that suffered the unplanned shutdown?

We didn’t upgrade our B&R yet, it still in 9.5u3.

They both suffered unplanned shutdown.

Comment