Skip to main content
Solved

Azure VM Backup Failing

Hi ALL,

I am running VBR11 and VBAz 4.0, recently all my AzureVM backup started failing. I still have over 3months of license validity.

I can no longer connect to the VBA from my VBR console only can access from the browser.

We are getting the following error; "Client secret has expired. Use a valid client secret or renew the application on the Service Account Type tab.

This was done however the issue still persists.

My Infra is still running older systems so upgrade was not an option hence no support available.

Any thoughts?

8 comments

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Vickey ,

not sure, but I can imagine that maybe something has changed on Azure in the backend. 
As you mentioned, an upgrade is not an option for you (on this VBR). 
What about a separate VBR instance on the latest build 12.1.2, even if it’s only for your Azure workloads. Veeam for Azure is recently updated to version 7.0 as well.

Also with supported versions, you could easily access the support team.
You could move or migrate some of your supported workloads to this new instance as well.

best regards Markus 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi, can you talk us through the steps you performed please?

To confirm, you’ve renewed your client secret within Microsoft Azure and updated this within your Microsoft Azure Compute Accounts section within VBR?

Userlevel 1

Hi Micool,

From the VBA console, Configuration -> Azure Accounts -> select the account -> Edit -> Renew Application-> Logon to Ms Azure

This were the steps performed.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Vickey ,

not sure, but I can imagine that maybe something has changed on Azure in the backend. 
As you mentioned, an upgrade is not an option for you (on this VBR). 
What about a separate VBR instance on the latest build 12.1.2, even if it’s only for your Azure workloads. Veeam for Azure is recently updated to version 7.0 as well.

Also with supported versions, you could easily access the support team.
You could move or migrate some of your supported workloads to this new instance as well.

best regards Markus 

We are in discussion to deploy a new VBA. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi, if you go to VBR and update the credentials in there that should fix the issue :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Vickey  - were you able to get a resolution to this issue?  If so can you post it here and then if any of the previous posts helped to answer your issue mark that as best answer or if none of them do you can mark your answer as best as well.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Vickey  - were you able to get a resolution to this issue?  If so can you post it here and then if any of the previous posts helped to answer your issue mark that as best answer or if none of them do you can mark your answer as best as well.

Hi Chris,

There was a recent migration on the Azure Domain which has caused this, with Veeam license expiring soon client has decided not to pursue further with any fixes. ALL the Azure VMs will be onboarded to Azure Backup. 😓

Thank you for following up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Vickey  - were you able to get a resolution to this issue?  If so can you post it here and then if any of the previous posts helped to answer your issue mark that as best answer or if none of them do you can mark your answer as best as well.

Hi Chris,

There was a recent migration on the Azure Domain which has caused this, with Veeam license expiring soon client has decided not to pursue further with any fixes. ALL the Azure VMs will be onboarded to Azure Backup. 😓

Thank you for following up.

Not a problem at all.  To bad they are switching.

Comment