Solved

any referrals for a good Veeam Health Assessment Consultants?

Userlevel 2

Good morning, 

I’m new to veeam and my company would like to perform a health assessment on our existing veeam infrastructure. Unfortunately I’m learning veeam on production :) since our veeam engineer left the company.

Do you have any consultants\companies that you can refer me to?  

Again, our goal is to get an idea of our current backup infrastructure health\risks and get a recommendations of what needs to be reconfigured\improved\fixed. 

thank you again

Sergey

icon

Best answer by MicoolPaul 4 August 2023, 16:30

View original

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello @SergeyTik ,
I don’t know in which country you are.

But there is a Veeam site where you can look for Veeam accredited service partners:
https://www.veeam.com/find-a-veeam-accredited-service-partner.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Came to give the VASP answer that @JMeixner delivered. All I’ll add is, if you want to do some initial discovery yourself too, if you’ve got Veeam ONE deployed (or even if you don’t but have it licensed) you could look through a lot of the reports and dashboards to get a feel for the overall environment.

What’s nice about those dashboards is that it also factors in other parts of your estate, namely your virtualisation estate. So say you’re using VMware and wanted to get a quick idea of the overall health state, Veeam ONE will provide insights into this too.

Userlevel 4
Badge

If you have a Enterprise licensed product, you can contact your person at Veeam and they should be able to get a local tech in your part of the world to go over things with you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@SergeyTik - as @jdower98 shared, this is the way to go, at least for starters. It’s funny you created this post. I had both my Veeam SE and Account Rep contact me the past few days to ask if I wanted to get a ‘complimentary health check/configuration review’ of your environment, as listed below:

So, contact Veeam, then inquire as to who your local Veeam Account Rep & SE are & they should be able to assist you.

Userlevel 2

thank you @JMeixner for the quick reply!
I’m located in US, and I will check the url you sent me. I was hoping to get an answer from somebody who already went through the health assessment so they can give me pros\cons.

@MicoolPaul thank you for your message as well. This is exactly what I have been doing :) but there is  a still long way for me to master veeam. I have to support production today and need to make sure we are doing backups for all hundreds of VMs.   

Userlevel 2

If you have a Enterprise licensed product, you can contact your person at Veeam and they should be able to get a local tech in your part of the world to go over things with you.

We do have an enterprise license and I will contact our Veeam representative for sure. thank you for the advice!

Userlevel 2

@coolsport00 thank you as well, I’ve been looking for the right consultant since last week. I had contacted a few vanguards but they are way over our heads in terms of technologies\solutions they offer. My company is not there yet. :) 

thank you again, I will start with our person at Veeam. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sure thing...glad to assist with the others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

And to add, you can also try out some Hands-on Labs to get familiar without affecting Production

https://go.veeam.com/hands-on-lab-experience

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I did one with my Veeam SE and rep a bit ago.  Keep in mind you always get some “it depends” and they don’t understand your requirements or environment as well as you, so make sure you can explain why things are a certain way if they need to be.

Poke around in there and try and draw a diagram and write some things down you have questions about when you do it. 

Comment