Question

all Repo become unavailable after resync

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello Everyone,

SOBR has 10 NFS shares repos with Linux gateway, each time resync the repos from SOBR, all Repos become unavailable and I have to open each one’s properties and click finish to become available again.

Any thoughts?

11 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hmm..only thing I’ve seen similar to your issue @Moustafa_Hindawi is here in the forums from a couple yrs ago. Doesn’t look like a solution was shared, but only suggested by Hannes to open a support case. Maybe someone else can comment with a resolution?... otherwise obviously support could help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hmm..only thing I’ve seen similar to your issue @Moustafa_Hindawi is here in the forums from a couple yrs ago. Doesn’t look like a solution was shared, but only suggested by Hannes to open a support case. Maybe someone else can comment with a resolution?... otherwise obviously support could help you out.

Thank you @coolsport00 , for your info. that happened only after added Linux server as Gateway server, I am not sure why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Well that is odd.. 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Is the Linux server in close proximity to the NFS shares (server)?  This might help with some more details - Gateway Server - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Another test would be set a Windows box as the GW server and see if the same thing happens or not.  Also the NFS shares are on what type of Storage/OS?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Is the Linux server in close proximity to the NFS shares (server)?  This might help with some more details - Gateway Server - User Guide for VMware vSphere (veeam.com)

Another test would be set a Windows box as the GW server and see if the same thing happens or not.  Also the NFS shares are on what type of Storage/OS?

Hello Chris,

Yes, Linux server in the same network of NFS shares.

With Windows, it doesn’t happen.

NFS shares on Pure storage

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello Chris,

Yes, Linux server in the same network of NFS shares.

With Windows, it doesn’t happen.

NFS shares on Pure storage

So, if it does not happen with Windows then check if the Linux box can access the NFS shares.  Test connecting to them and see if there are any errors, etc.  It seems that there might be some permissions maybe or something else with Linux (maybe a component missing? - Not a Linux expert by any means so just a thought).

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Good points @Chris.Childerhose . I know some Linux components, like Repos, require other ‘tools’ to be installed, like BASH, SSH & Perl; but the GW Server does not. Only caveats to implementing them is for them to be a supported OS and 64bit as noted in the sys reqs. Something ‘funky’ with permissions could indeed be the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I will open a support case as suggested before, but did you try to reinstall veeam component on the gateway? Do you have any error messages on linux gateway nodes? Did you try to restart the daemon?

Any changes since errors have appeared? OS update? Veeam Update? network changes?

NFSv4 i hope? /var/log/messages check?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

there is no errors, once I do resync, all repos become unavailable, then I do any changes and apply, then it become available.

NFSv3 not 4

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Did you have any luck resolving it @Moustafa_Hindawi ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Did you have any luck resolving it @Moustafa_Hindawi ?

Afraid to try , but I give it a try and get back, if you have any thoughts, please advise.

Comment