2022 - End of Sale for Existing Socket Customers is changing

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Morning,

I’ve noticed that Veeam have slightly amended the end of sale date for existing customers seeking to purchase new socket licenses.

Previously, Veeam Availability Suite, Veeam Backup & Replication, Veeam Backup Essentials and Veeam ONE were all due to migrate to support renewal only for socket based licensing on the 1st July 2022. This is changing slightly. Veeam ONE and Veeam Backup Essentials will still be committed to this date, however Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Availability Suite additional licenses will still be purchasable for existing socket customers through to the 1st January 2023.

If you believe you’ll need additional socket licenses and have no intention of moving to VUL (you really should though if you can), be sure to factor these deadlines into your purchasing timelines!

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sigh, I was glad to get finally rid of the socket licenses for one single customer….

He has to buy more licenses in the future. Let’s hope we can postpone this to after the new deadline 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Oh, thanks for sharing @MicoolPaul , but VUL licenses are so friendly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I didn't notice that, thanks @MicoolPaul!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

+1 @MicoolPaul 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

thanks for sharing @MicoolPaul 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for this info.  I have a ton of users on perpetual licenses currently, but all of my new are VUL’s and it’s working great.  Hoping to never have to sell another perpetual.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

VUL is definitely the way to go and move away from these licenses.  Hopefully everyone takes notice of these dates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

still in love with socket licenses specially for testing cluster 😅

Comment