17 years of Ubuntu!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

So, our kid is becoming a teenager…

17 years of Ubuntu!

Do you use Ubuntu on your IT/Veeam projects?

How often do you use it?

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Here’s mine:

I always use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS for my hardened repos. It is so easy to deploy and manage that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Use Ubuntu 20.04 for Hardened Repos with XFS and starting to use them as Proxies now as well in v11a since the transport modes are same as Windows. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I began to use Ubuntu for Veeam Proxies. I am still in testing phase, but I think it will go into production soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Proxys and repos :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I use Ubuntu as a base system for pentesting and osing vm :relaxed: everyelse is powered by Microsoft.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Love this! I remember first using Ubuntu on version 10.04 (Lucid Lynx!!!). I remember looking at CentOS at the same time and Ubuntu just felt so much better to use, apt vs rpm/yum, nano included etc, everything felt much more user friendly!

Happy Birthday Ubuntu, you’ll forever be my favourite Linux 💚

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Love this! I remember first using Ubuntu on version 10.04 (Lucid Lynx!!!). I remember looking at CentOS at the same time and Ubuntu just felt so much better to use, apt vs rpm/yum, nano included etc, everything felt much more user friendly!

Seconded! Ubuntu is user friendly. Here are some guides on how to administer ubuntu and CentOS with Cockpit: 
Ubuntu Linux post-installation of Network Properties, Guest Integration and Web Administration using Cockpit
Installation and configuration of Cockpit on CentOS Linux

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

About CentOS, gonna be EOL on 31 December 2021. That’s so sad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In some place I have the original media of this one. Some years ago, Canonical sent to users that would like to receive the hard copy of ISO’s. Was funny!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

About CentOS, gonna be EOL on 31 December 2021. That’s so sad.

It is sad as we need to move to another OS since we have many of those deployed. 😂

Comment