12.1 install and Malware Detection

• 1 February 2024
  • 6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Well, I just did the upgrade to 12.1 and things could not have gone more smooth. I did have to uninstall the console on my desktop manually and reinstall it but the server side went great.

It seems like it’s running quick, and the new features are fantastic. The malware detection is going to take a bit of tuning, due to the amount of files, and odd file types some of these video players use, but I am very excited that these are now included in B and R.

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah...on a jump box I have, was prompted(?) to uninstall the Console before installing the new one (forgot about having to do that), whereas previous versions, it just connected to the VBR server and would install/upgrade it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great to hear Scott.  Will be interested to see what you think of the new features.  We tend not to have remote consoles but might be something we look at for sure.  I know my laptop will need a new update. 😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It’s very isolated but saves us going to the actual VBR server.

As far as new features I couldn’t be happier.  I have already found something that may have saved a huge disaster thanks to 12.1. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It’s very isolated but saves us going to the actual VBR server.

As far as new features I couldn’t be happier.  I have already found something that may have saved a huge disaster thanks to 12.1. 

Oooh do tell what?  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yeah, what Chris said! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great to hear Scott.  Will be interested to see what you think of the new features.  We tend not to have remote consoles but might be something we look at for sure.  I know my laptop will need a new update. 😋

I have a client that has an “engineering” workstation that has the remote client (as well as clients for WSUS, business apps, etc).  And I run it on my laptop sometimes if I need.  Aside from that, it’s generally a bit of a pain to keep that updated as well.

Comment