Solved

12.1.2 - Backup Copies all insta-fail and auto-disable

Userlevel 2
  • Not a newbie anymore
  • 2 comments

After upgrading to 12.1.2 this morning, all of our backup copy jobs went into a failed state with the error

“5/22/2024 8:08:10 AM :: Error: One or more Veeam components on host This server are not up to date. You must upgrade them first. The job has been automatically disabled due to too many failures. Please fix all issues preventing the job from running before re-enabling it.”

The “on host This server” is the exact wording in all cases.  They were indeed all disabled.  Re-enabling manually seems like it’s working, but none of the copy jobs actually have any work to do until later in the week, so I can’t say for sure.

Anyone else seeing this?

icon

Best answer by JCWH 25 June 2024, 15:58

View original

12 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Not seeing this no but did you ensure all servers are updated for components?  Check the Backup Infrastructure tab to ensure nothing shows outdated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If anything shows outdated you need to update it.  Something is not current based on the message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @JCWH - haven’t upgraded yet so not sure. Follow the manual upgrade process to see if your Veeam Components need updated, which by the error you’re getting sound like they might.

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/hyperv/components_update.html?ver=120

Userlevel 2

Not seeing this no but did you ensure all servers are updated for components?  Check the Backup Infrastructure tab to ensure nothing shows outdated.

Thanks, yeah - nothing shows outdated.  Had the auto-upgrade remote stuff option checked during the upgrade process, for whatever that’s worth.  Our infra is only the one VBR server anyway, which has all the repos and is the only backup proxy.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Your best bet, if you haven’t already, would be to work with Veeam Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks, yeah - nothing shows outdated.  Had the auto-upgrade remote stuff option checked during the upgrade process, for whatever that’s worth.  Our infra is only the one VBR server anyway, which has all the repos and is the only backup proxy.  

I would suggest a support ticket at this point if nothing shows outdated.  Did you try to recreate the copy job using the same source?  Maybe a new job might fix it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Two things come to mind on my side:

1. Is it DNS? LOL, seems crazy but maybe worth checking as components interact by name.  (Thinking like any name changes, host entries, etc.)
  2. Is there any mixed IPv4 and IPv6 going on? If mixed, maybe consolidate.

If not, as @coolsport00 recommends → Open a ticket. 

Hi, did you manage to solve this error? as I have the same behavior?

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @JCWH just wanted to follow up to see if you found a solution to your issue and if you can post it here to help others.  Let us know.

Userlevel 2

Case 03149221 - No real solution.  Veeam rep directed me to an article stating to upgrade all components.  Which is what I had already just done.  All backup copy jobs seem to be running as expected after re-enabling the jobs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Glad to hear you’re working again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Great to hear you were able to get things working again even after the support case.

Comment