1st Annual Veeam Community Hackathon - Results!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14
Hackathon logo. Features Alfred, the community cat. Also shows arrows to Community, Development, Teamwork, Time, Presenting, Goal, and Brainstorm icons and text. These are parts included in the hackathon​​​​​

On September 28th we had our 1st annual Veeam Community Hackathon. Both @JonahMay and I ( @mkevenaar ) organized this event. We had 4 teams who participated. 

First, we want to thank everyone who helped us with this event. Including, but not limited to:

• Our sponsors: Wasabi and GitHub
  • Our Judges: @amm777@anthonyspiteri79@DarthDave@Viperian@Mildur@HannesK@Jeff Reichard@Madi.Cristil@NikolaPejkova@Rick Vanover@safiya  
  • Everyone who helped us lead a team or participated

All teams struggled with participants and contact between the members because our participants were scattered all over the world. Some teams struggled more than others. This is not the fault of the leaders or the participants.

Team 1:

Team 2:

Team 3:

Team 4:

Without naming judges, these are some of the quotes shared about the projects:

• A great idea and a great start which offers a lot of potential for further integration and development - Team 1
  • Taking an existing resolution to plug a gap which is of value. - Team 4
  • I enjoy the displayed thinking against a perceived problem and how to solve it. I do see potential for getting this implemented in the near future. - Team 2
  • I think they have some interesting idea - Team 3
  • I love the idea and approach of the team. Specially from a security perspective.  - Team 4
  • I have no experience in the Kasten product. But from watching the video I can see that this tool can be helpful for Kasten K10 administrators. [...]  The topic "Kanister" is explained in the presentation for users not aware of it [...] Both applications covered by this team are fully documented in GitHub. Which is mandatory in my eyes to better understand how to use it. - Team 1
  • I like the idea of providing a PowerShell SDK for VBRs RestAPI and run it from any system. it will surely help - Team 2
  • It's important to provide user of the product with an easy way to check on best practices. - Team 4
  • We should add that to the product. - Team 4
  • The idea and relevance are absolutely fantastic. - Team 2
  • easily the best marketing of the three projects - Team 4
  • if we had an award for strategic future products this would be a candidate. - Team 1

The results

Due to the fact that Team 3 was unable to produce a video, their score has been omitted from this blog post. 

All teams were really close to each other with only a difference of 6 points between the winning team and the lowest team. Due to the fact that the scores are so close, we have decided that we have 1 winning team and 2 runner-up teams.

Each team could score a maximum of 100 points. 

Runner-up teams: Team 1 and Team 4 with an average score of 74,36 points or 76,54 points

Winning team: Team 2 with an average score of 80,09 points.

Congratulations to the winning team: @Chris.Childerhose @Markus.K1985 @AdamMazouz 

19 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @mkevenaar and @JonahMay for your leadership here, this was a great start to the Hackathon concept for Veeam!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks to @mkevenaar and @JonahMay for coordinating this. It was a lot of fun and hopefully the start of a new annual tradition. Thanks also to all the judges for taking time out of your busy schedules for this. Congrats to @Chris.Childerhose @Markus.K1985 @AdamMazouz and their team for the win!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Congratulations Team2. 

I'd liked the experience and looking forward to the next edition. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Congrats Team 2!

@Chris.Childerhose @Markus.K1985 @AdamMazouz
wow, you guys had a lot of fun, and effort as well.

Hopefully next edition I will be able to participate!

nice job @mkevenaar and @JonahMay 

cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Big thanks to @JonahMay @mkevenaar for creating and managing this hackathon. You did great.

Congrats team 2!! 🎉 and to all the members that participated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Congrats to all participants and members that organize this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well done @mkevenaar and @JonahMay! Congratulations to the winners and to everyone that participated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great event! Congratulations to the winning team but great job all participants, strong projects! Looking forward to next year event! 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you @mkevenaar @JonahMay for hosting this as it was the first ever one, I have participated in and to win is something special.  Congrats to all teams and to my team great work.  It was an enjoyable experience for sure.  @Markus.K1985 @AdamMazouz 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Congrats Guys! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congrats to all..very cool and useful projects!! 💚

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you for sharing results, @mkevenaar, it was exciting to see all these ideas popping up during the hackathon. It´s great you started this hopefully a long tradition together with Veeam and its community together with @JonahMay!

Congratlutations to winners and all participating team for your veeamazing ideas! 👏

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well done @mkevenaar and @JonahMay on creating/hosting this event. Congrats Chris and Markus on the win!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Congrats to all on a successful event.  I actually completely forgot about the event so I’m glad I missed signing up as life has just been too busy for me as of late, but I’m looking forward to looking at the projects!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Congratulations Team 2! Very well done 👏 and to all who participated.

Some really great ideas and massive thanks to @JonahMay and @mkevenaar for putting this together! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks for the great idea and the coordination of this event, Maurice and Jonah.

Congratulations to all paricipants and the winning team.

Unfortunately I was not able to be part of the event this year due to customer meetings. But I am looking forward to next year. 😎👍🏼

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks everyone for the support both during and leading up to the event! While @mkevenaar and I were the organizers, we definitely could not have done this without all of you!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

We actually won :))))

This was a great experience and was lovely to work with the team @Markus.K1985 
Thank you all, can’t wait for next year :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We actually won :))))

This was a great experience and was lovely to work with the team @Markus.K1985 
Thank you all, can’t wait for next year :) 

Yes, we did and great work by you as well Adam!  👍🏼

Comment