Question

Veeam Backup & Replication- Powershell script for retrieve all backup jobs parameter

Hi, Good evening.

I am analyzing different Veeam Backup & Replication instances and I would like take all parameters for every backup job present on every VB&R instances that I am analyzing.

I would like to know if is possible launch one powershell script  for retrieve these values for example: start time for every schedule job, servers involved, backup modality (full, incremental, reverse incremental, etc) aware setting if exist, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Ricardo

6 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @Ricardo Mazzarello -

Welcome to the Community! Was gonna ask our Community managers to move your post to a more appropriate location, but it appears they already took care of that very thing (moved to the ‘YARA and Script Library’ group) 😊

I’m not aware of any such script myself, but maybe someone else can chime in with ideas….

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Ricardo Mazzarello You can start from Shawn Masterson script here: 

https://gist.github.com/smasterson/9141287

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@SteveHeart 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Ricardo Mazzarello,

a starting point could be this script here. Let me know if you’re missing something specific and I then can have a look at it on one of my scripting Fridays 😉.

Cheers,

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I just remembered a script from one of my SE colleagues: Veeam Porter (Porter is a wonderful beer style, that’s why). Not sure what needs to be changed to run it with the latest VBR release, but this script can also be inspiring.

Cheers,
Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Ricardo Mazzarello,
we can also grab the information from the VBR RestAPI. I can share a Python script that stores the job configuration in a json file. Just let me know if Python is an option for you.

Cheers,
Steve

Comment