Replication Assistance

• 1 September 2023
  • 4 comments

Anyone willing to assist me with setting up replication between two locations (home1 and home2).  I for the life of me am unable to get this piece to work.

In both locations, I have VBR12 installed, I’ve added Windows Servers to the infrastructures in both locations as well as the Hyper-V servers.  I’m using namecheap as for my DNS servers and have the proper DNS entries for both locations.

I have port forwarding enabled in both locations, ports 2500-3300, 9392, and 9396 (TCP).  These were referenced by both support and what I found on veeambp.com (Ports List Finder).

Tried whitelisting these ports in the Windows Firewall and tried disabling the ports all together but no matter what I do, I am unable to add the remote location.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.​​​​

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Would you be willing to setup a site to site VPN?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So, you’re using Hyper-V? And, you’re trying to set up Veeam Replication with that platform? What specific errors are you getting?...I assume come communication type error between the 2 sites?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

While I don't use Hyper-V much the following page has great detail and other pages for each piece if this helps - https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/hyperv/replication.html?ver=120

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Would you be willing to setup a site to site VPN?

+1 for using a VPN between the two sites rather than opening ports.

Comment