Question

VCSP & B&R server

Userlevel 3

HI all, me again,

So i am playing around with VSPC, and get more familiar with it, i am confident in being to show client how to use management agent to roll out veeam agent and using VSPC to set up back ups required.

however i have installed B&R on a server for a client of ours that we manage there IT support, it hasn’t populated with the “backup servers” in managed computers when i roll the management agent out it is installing the agent and using the agent to back up the who host server

any tips on this would be apprciated, thanks

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

When you added the VBR server did you check off the box to allow remote management?  That is essential to get it working with VSPC.

Userlevel 3

previously ( and on this occastion) i have and did check the box,. this is a screen shot with relevent info remote

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That should make the VBR server show up in VSPC then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi, have you installed Veeam Management Agent on VBR server?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vac/provider_admin/collect_agent_data.html?ver=70

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I’ve seen this before on some domain joined VBRs using service accounts. Make sure the management agent is also using a service account. In these instances, if you check the logs, you’ll usually see error messages along the lines of “Access is denied” (Logs can be found at %ProgramData%\Veeam\Veeam Availability Console\Log\Agent\).

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, have you installed Veeam Management Agent on VBR server?

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vac/provider_admin/collect_agent_data.html?ver=70

HI @cdathomas1986 

as suggested by @marco_s have you tried to install VMA on the VBR acting as VCC and on the VBR of the Tenant?

on VBR VCC :

On VBR Tenant:

Are all the necessary network ports for VCC\Tenant and VCSP open?

thx

Userlevel 3

hi all been a busy couple days at work and this somewhat was put on the back burner,.

So i came to check @Chris.Childerhose suggestion on that night,. i unchecked then recheced the box,. and this made the server appear,.

just to confirm,. the VMA was install using the “clients” download,. this was connected and wasn’t giving any issues,.

If I have took in the correct information,. I am able to set up for different clients to do different things?

Thanks

Chris ​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

hi all been a busy couple days at work and this somewhat was put on the back burner,.

So i came to check @Chris.Childerhose suggestion on that night,. i unchecked then recheced the box,. and this made the server appear,.

just to confirm,. the VMA was install using the “clients” download,. this was connected and wasn’t giving any issues,.

If I have took in the correct information,. I am able to set up for different clients to do different things?

Thanks

Chris ​​​​​​

Glad you were able to get it fixed by toggling that checkbox.

Comment