Question

k10 on VMware tanzu (tkgs) failed to verify DR function

I have built two different sets of Tanzu (TKGs) tkc in VMware environment, namely tkc-east and tkc-west, respectively installed K10 in two different tkc, but failed to verify the function of DR, I want to ask, K10 DR function, does it support Run on VMware Tanzu (TKGs) environment?

tkc-west > execute kubectl get pod -n kasten-io does not see the pod of k10-restore-k10restore-xxxxx

K10 on Tanzu(TKGs) cross-cluster test scenario description
1.tkc-east → Install K10 > Create MySQL > Config Location Profile (minio) > Config Infrastructure Profiles(vCenter) > Enable K10 DR > Run DR Policy to initiate a manual backup of the catalog.

2.tkc-west → Install K10 > Config Location Profile (minio) + Config Infrastructure Profiles (vCenter) > execute helm install k10-restore kasten..... After checking K10 Dashboard DR, K10 Restore is not displayed
No error message was displayed for the restore task

tkc-west execution:
helm install k10-restore kasten/k10restore --namespace=kasten-io --set sourceClusterID=88ad6636-6abb-42c8-9ae7-82ac96a19e47 --set profile.name=disaster-bucket

2 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@jaiganeshjk 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi Richard,

I have a TKC installation with K10 running with no issue, but I have not configured DR yet..is the location profile name correct?

Comment