VUG Event - Western Canada (Calgary)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Any opportunity here to have a VUG event out west (Calgary)?

Looks like most VUGs have been virtual, but I wouldn’t mind setting up a face to face one here in Calgary. If there is enough interest, we could do an event with presenters, lunch, etc, similar to the VMUG events I’ve thrown.

If there is less interest, perhaps just a ‘vBeers’ event. 

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m in Winnipeg or I’d be interested. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If it is virtual count me in for sure.  I am in Toronto so harder to get there.  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@TylerJurgens - if you are interested in becoming a VUG Leader speak to @Madi.Cristil @safiya about applying.  @HangTen416 and I could always use another leader to help out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Chris.Childerhose Only if you don’t mind me helping out. I’m not sure what the expectations from VUG are yet, but if I can help out I will!

I’m a bit burnt out by virtual events after the last few years, so I’ve been doing my best to host in person meetups now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Chris.Childerhose Only if you don’t mind me helping out. I’m not sure what the expectations from VUG are yet, but if I can help out I will!

I’m a bit burnt out by virtual events after the last few years, so I’ve been doing my best to host in person meetups now.

Yeah, the more the better as it is hard at times with work and juggling so having another leader helps out.  You will get all the details when you apply.  Yeah, virtual events are a burnout but in-person depending on where you are located can be a challenge too, but we will see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Chris.Childerhose@TylerJurgens (and @Scott ), we can always use more help with leadership, planning, ideas, events, etc. BTW, we are due to have another event soon. There’s another post about that. We should get some ideas flowing and decide on a focus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I’m always glad to help out. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’ve reached out to @Madi.Cristil - hope I can get involved soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I’ve reached out to @Madi.Cristil - hope I can get involved soon.

Looking forward to it. 👍🏼

Userlevel 1
Badge

Let’s do it!!! You have my support! @Seidler will be all go for it as well, and he is based in Calgary! 

Comment