September Online Event - Possible Topics

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Everyone,

I have been doing some brainstorming about possible topics and even had someone reach out that would speak regarding one of them.  Below is the possible things that can be talked about but I want to try to keep it to a minimum of 2-3.  Let me know if there is anything else other than this list or specific topics in each category that may be preferred.  CC - @Geoff Burke @Inder 

Possible Topics:

1. VBO v5 - @falkob reached out about doing some topics here for us
  2. Veeam v11 features - overview or in-depth on some specific ones?
  3. Scripting - discuss scripts related to Veeam or things people might like to script?
  4. Log Diving 101 - based on the post I did and PPT file uploaded
  5. Certification - the new VMCA2022 - training and exam topics
  6. Other topics - ??? (Suggest anything that may be of interest)

Feel free to post here or if you prefer to DM me that is acceptable as well.  Looking forward to getting things organized and ready for the September event.

Chris

22 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Chris.Childerhose : I would say let’s take 2 topics in one session and we will continue further !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Absolutely we can do just two that suits me for a first VUG.  It is now a matter of which two? :laughing:

I know most topics have been done to death but I am trying to find that one golden nugget we can do for ours. :grin:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Chris.Childerhose : I thought about it, we preferly go with 

1. Certification - the new VMCA2022 - training and exam topics
  2. Veeam v11 features - Let’s stick to overview first and will extent in next sessions for indepth !

What you say @Geoff Burke !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That will work.  Need to see if we can get Rasmus to present things on the VMCA2022. :smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes that would definitely be of interest. My only worry is how many people are actually going to take the VMCA given the costs involved. Maybe a combo VMCE/VMCA? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes that would definitely be of interest. My only worry is how many people are actually going to take the VMCA given the costs involved. Maybe a combo VMCE/VMCA? 

Yeah we could look at a combo thing but focus more on VMCA piece.  Let me see what is doable.

Also if we are doing a general overview of v11 - what do we want to cover?  Just new features, etc.?

@Geoff Burke @Inder 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Probably new features I guess @Inder what do you think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yeah that was my thought is newer features like CDP, Linux Proxy, etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Probably new features I guess @Inder what do you think?

Yeah New features will be the good idea !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Probably new features I guess @Inder what do you think?

Yeah New features will be the good idea !

Ok.  I will connect with Kseniya about this and see what we need to do and move forward.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Geoff Burke @Inder 

I have been in contact with Kseniya about our VUG.   She is going to see if Veeam can have some sort of giveaway prize for this being the first one.

As for the topics - I have reached out to Rasmus about doing the certification session for us.  As for the v11 topics - what specifically do we want to talk about for the v11 features?  Also are either of you good for presenting something?  Once we narrow down which topics (if more than two) then maybe we can each take one to present?

Let me know your thoughts and once I hear back from Rasmus will update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Good luck @Chris.Childerhose  with the first VUG event! I will try to follow this :wink:

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Good luck @Chris.Childerhose  with the first VUG event! I will try to follow this :wink:

Thanks Nico.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@Geoff Burke @Inder 

I have been in contact with Kseniya about our VUG.   She is going to see if Veeam can have some sort of giveaway prize for this being the first one.

As for the topics - I have reached out to Rasmus about doing the certification session for us.  As for the v11 topics - what specifically do we want to talk about for the v11 features?  Also are either of you good for presenting something?  Once we narrow down which topics (if more than two) then maybe we can each take one to present?

Yup I can present no probs too

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Geoff Burke @Inder 

Yup I can present no probs too

Very cool. I am going to figure out what v11 topics we can discuss this week coming.  Will post here and we can pick 2-3 max.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Geoff Burke @Inder 

I have spoken to Rasmus and he can do Sept 21st at 1PM eastern for a session.  So we need to get the following outlined -

1. Timeline for Rasmus - he did 1 hour for German VUG so we could do the same for the first hour then move to v11 stuff
  2. v11 Topics - what and how long?  I am think 30 mins a piece max with maybe 2 topics in-depth.

Let me know your thoughts and I will get in touch with Kseniya about our agenda and start organizing stuff. :smiley: ​​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds pretty good to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Sounds pretty good to me.

Yeah just need to get the two v11 topics.  I am going to read through the What’s New and make some suggestions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Chris.Childerhose : Seems good to me as well !

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Geoff Burke @Inder 

What do you guys think of these topics -

1. Rasmus - presentation on Certification as well as covering VMCA2022 (1 hour)
  2. v11 Topics
    1. VMware/vCloud Enhancements in v11
    2. Either - CDP or Hardened Repository Enhancements

Once we have this firm you can pick one to present or we can do a group presentation also.

Let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Looks good to me. I would love hardened repos :) :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Looks good to me. I would love hardened repos :) :)

Ok so final revision of topics -

1. Rasmus - presentation on Certification as well as covering VMCA2022 (1 hour)
  2. v11 Topics
    1. VMware/vCloud Enhancements in v11
    2. Hardened Repository Enhancements

I will get this information over to Kseniya to start working on things and coordinate with you guys.

Comment