Skip to main content

We are already on VDRO v7.1.0.205 with built-in VBR and VeeamOne still on v12.1. When I try to do an in-place upgrade, I got the message below. I did a separate upgrade of VBR and VeeamOne on a VDRO server before and ran into issues and learned that I should update through the VDRO patch. So what would be the recommended upgrade path to update the built-ins to address https://www.veeam.com/kb4649?

I would use the VRO installation ISO to do the upgrade as it will upgrade the components required as well as you mentioned.

@Madi.Cristil @safiya -- can we move this to the VRO Heros board. It will get more traction there.

Hi there,

did you use the ISO „VeeamDataPlatform_23H2_20240825.iso“?

Checked the note on: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/rn/veeam_recovery_orchestrator_7_1_release_notes.html …normally you should be good to go, from your version with the correct Binary.

I did also an upgrade with the same ISO at a customer, without any issues.

I have VeeamDataPlatform_23H2_20240928.iso to do the upgrade which is later. I’ll see if I can find the 0825.iso and see if that would work.

VeeamDataPlatform_23H2_20240825.iso may have been pulled out on the Veeam site in lieu of the newer version, all downloads for VDP point to 0928 already. The link to previous versions are just for v7.0,6,5,4.

found this in the R&D, VRO update new version - R&D Forums (veeam.com)
This should help.

See the last Post from Alec King:

“…
It's now fully supported to use the VDP ISO to upgrade ONE or VBR on the VRO server, just as you would upgrade any VBR. Just step through the upgrade wizards as usual.

Usually there will be a VRO upgrade on the ISO, and in those cases the VRO upgrade will be offered and it will upgrade all 3 components. For the recent VBR 12.2 release, there is no upgrade to VRO, so the setup wizard will offer to upgrade ONE and VBR separately; this scenario is fully supported
...”

Thanks @Dynamic for the tip. It’s good to know that those built-in components can now be upgraded separately in the Orchestrator. 

Comment