Welcome to the VMCE Study Hall!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello Community!

You have successfully found your way to the newly minted Community Hub VMCE Study Hall group. Congratulations! That's just the first of what could be many successes on your Veeam VMCE learning journey. This group was created to help you be successful in attaining your VMCE certification, with the advice and suggestions of other Community members.

GROUP LEADER
My name is Shane Williford, aka coolsport00 here on the Hub, and I will be the VMCE Study Hall group leader. Let me share a little bit about myself - I'm a Systems Architect and have been in the customer space my whole IT career, which at the time of this Welcome post has been almost 25 years now. I started using Veeam around 15 years ago, and started my Veeam learning journey in 2018 going through Veeam's free amazing online tutorial courses - Veeam University. I found them very informative, with enough detail to get technical points across, but not overly long so as to be complex or incite boredom. If you haven't yet checked them out, I highly recommend doing so, especially if you're just beginning. I thought the University courses were very well done and was hungry to learn more, so I took on both the VMCE and VMCA courses in 2019. Shortly after each course, I took and passed each exam, and I haven't looked back.

WHAT’S A STUDY HALL?
Well, we decided to mirror this group to an environment similar to "sessions" you may have had in school solely dedicated to your school studies. For those of us in the U.S., there was one dedicated "class" for this called Study Hall. Thus how the group name was devised. Likewise, this group is dedicated to studying for the VMCE. 

How is this done, you ask? By posting and interacting! Ask questions, like: "how do others best prepare for the VMCE?", or "what are the best and supported resources others use to study for the VMCE?", etc. You can also start a study group post thread. Create a post and invite others to join in on the thread to ask & answer questions as well as get advice. Just make sure you follow Veeam's exam NDA.

And that's really all there is to it. If you have any questions about anything, or maybe see a concern, don't hesitate to reach out to me via Community Hub DM. Or, if you prefer, you can reach out to Madalina or Safiya.

Happy VMCE learning!

17 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great work Shane, looking forward to participating in this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Looking forward to interacting and helping others in their VMCE journey/goals!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Already passed my VMCE v12 but joined here to help others with study tips, etc.  Should be an interesting group like the VMCA one as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Congrats for this initiative, @coolsport00 ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Thanks @leduardoserrano . Looking forward to helping the Community here!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Great work @coolsport00 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m going to prepare exam, I hope to made in June or July.

Thanks @coolsport00 !

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Congrats for this idea, @coolsport00! I'm sure it will help anyone who is preparing for the exam, including me.😁

Been in IT almost 20 years, got my VMCE book in for approx 2 months time, will be my first IT exam. Wish me luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Been in IT almost 20 years, got my VMCE book in for approx 2 months time, will be my first IT exam. Wish me luck!

Good luck to you and everyone taking the exam! 🚀😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You got this @pr_osit !! 🙌🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you for organizing and creating this hub @coolsport00 👏🏽

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello everyone!

I've been studying at Veeam University, watching the "How to" videos. @Chris.Childerhose’s book has been very helpful too. I also did official training with @RBermudez  and it was excellent.

For those who passed the exam, what tips can you give us?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello everyone!

I've been studying at Veeam University, watching the "How to" videos. @Chris.Childerhose’s book has been very helpful too. I also did official training with @RBermudez  and it was excellent.

Glad my book was helpful Beth.  Best tip watch the videos by Rasmus. 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hello everyone!

I've been studying at Veeam University, watching the "How to" videos. @Chris.Childerhose’s book has been very helpful too. I also did official training with @RBermudez  and it was excellent.

Hi @BethSouza - Aside from Chris’s suggestion of going through the practice questions from Rasmus, I plan on doing the same thing for VMCE ‘experiences’ posts. I will create a post consolidating all posts I can find for those who took the exam and what their experience is like and what suggestions they have. Until I get that posted, you can review this VMCE Study Hall post where several community members share their ideas on how best to approach studying for the VMCE exam. All the best!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello everyone!

Glad my book was helpful Beth.  Best tip watch the videos by Rasmus. 👍

Thanks, Chris! 😉

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hello everyone!

Hi @BethSouza - Aside from Chris’s suggestion of going through the practice questions from Rasmus, I plan on doing the same thing for VMCE ‘experiences’ posts. I will create a post consolidating all posts I can find for those who took the exam and what their experience is like and what suggestions they have. Until I get that posted, you can review this VMCE Study Hall post where several community members share their ideas on how best to approach studying for the VMCE exam. All the best!

Great, @coolsport00 ! Thanks 😉

Comment