VMCE Practice Question - 7 May 2024

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

VMCE Practice Question Day! Let’s see how you do…

After careful investigation of your backup environment, you felt you would get more server backup usability continuing with socket-based licensing. You were able to procure ESXi Host socket licenses before Veeam's timetable to sell only Universal Licenses. You have a handful of physical computers you want to backup, and you decide to utilize Veeam instances for those within your current license scheme. How many default instances does Veeam allow for socket-based licensing?

1. 6
  2. 8
  3. 10
  4. 9
  5. 12

11 comments

Userlevel 4
Badge

If i remember well, should be C. 10

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
  1. 6

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A. 6

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If the number of licensed sockets is less than 6, you can use the number of instances that equals the number of licensed sockets. For example, if the number of licensed sockets is 5, you can use 5 instances. If the number of licensed sockets is 100, you can use 6 instances.

Then maximum 6 instances.

Badge
  1. 6  

Per the Veeam Licensing Policy customers can get up to 6 gifted universal licenses, 1 per socket owned.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

6 (https://www.veeam.com/licensing-policy.html)

Userlevel 4
Badge

The good news is that there are no licensing questions on the exam.  :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The good news is that there are no licensing questions on the exam.  :)

Winning! 😂😂

Userlevel 2

I’m the engineer, ask my sales guy about the licensing, he deals with that. 

Userlevel 2

I’m the engineer, ask my sales guy about the licensing, he deals with that. 

Oh wait… it’s an exam, I’ll guess. My initial Guess would be 6, but I could see 10 (I thought workstations were 10:1 and servers 3:1) but again, my standard answer to customers was usually “Let’s have a conversation with Sales.” :) so I’d probably have guessed in the middle. LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Alrighty...time for answers and/or explanations for the Practice Questions for the week. The answer is indeed letter a. 6

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/licensing.html?ver=120

I thought some might select c. 10 which is incorrect. Why that number may have crossed some minds is Veeam’s Community Edition has a default 10 free instances included with it.

Good job everyone!

Comment