VMCE Practice Question - 19 April 2024

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Ok, I know I said only 2 questions a week...and I’ll hold to that mostly. But this is a short one. By the way, I’ll post questions on both Tue’s and Thur’s, then respond with answer/link on Fri’s.

Yes, questions I’m devising will get a bit tougher, so be ready. This one is a 50/50 one. Let’s see if you get it:

The only way to test if a Veeam backup is infected with malware is to either create a Virtual Lab/SureBackup Job or perform a Secure Restore operation?

1. True
  2. False

10 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

#2 - False --- you can test for infection with a SureBackup job.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

That’s what I meant by Virtual Lab. Maybe my question is a bit vague? I’ll modify my question to state it more clearly. Thanks Chris.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

A SureBackup job uses a Virtual Lab so that is why I said what I did.  The Virtual Lab and Application Group are used with SureBackup jobs.  😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since this is more of a “bonus question”, I’ll go ahead and share that yes, False is the answer. But, besides the 2 I shared above, what other method is available?…. 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Since this is more of a “bonus question”, I’ll go ahead and share that yes, False is the answer. But, besides the 2 I shared above, what other method is available?…. 🤔

Well if we are talking new 12.1 - Yara inline scanning.  😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Well if we are talking new 12.1 - Yara inline scanning.  😁

Kinda, but not quite. Specifically, what task do you select to do Yara scanning, or A/V even?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And, that’s a good point. I do mean new to v12.1 btw. 😉

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

False, inline scanning , with for example indexing during the job

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This little button under the Backups section

Scan Backups button Veeam Console

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

SCAN BACKUP! CORRECT!!! YOU WIN! 😂

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backup/vsphere/malware_detection_scan_backup.html?ver=120

I did cheat a little bit going with v12.1. Which, I think I’m going to continue doing so moving forward…. 😊

Comment