Veeam Blueprints

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
  • Comes here often
  • 6 comments

Hi everyone.

I run the Solution Architects organization for the Americas here at Veeam, and I am happy to introduce you to our Technical Blueprints. These are produced by our Solution Architects in collaboration with Veeam Product Management, R&D and our alliance partners - it truly takes a village.

Our goal was to produce short, easy-to-digest reference documents that offer a prescribed architecture that mirrors situations we have seen in the field. As you can appreciate with a software-defined solution, there are countless variables that impact design and we consciously wanted to avoid "could do..." type documents so we worked to strike a balance between short and useful.

The documents are firmly technical (again - prescribed architecture) but should be easily accessible to those with knowledge of Veeam. They are not designed to replace the product documentation (at helpcenter.veeam.com), be a full architecture and design (we have a different process for that, and partners add massive value here) or be 'marketing handouts'. For example, internally our pre-sales teams use them to explain a concept or give a customer a high-level idea of what their environment might look like with a Veeam deployment.

In addition, we offer digestible, prescriptive security advice for the varying components in each architecture. This advice comes from within Veeam and from the relevant alliance partner, so it aligns with Veeam Threat Center, Security Assessment Checklist and the Security Best Practice guide.

Best practices and sizing for Veeam are fluid as we release new software versions and encounter new scenarios, but we are committed to keeping the blueprints up to date. That said, constructive feedback is always welcome.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you find the blueprints useful.
Charles

4 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Great to see these now.  @chas -- was there supposed to be links in your post as there is not so don’t know the URL to access them.  😋

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks Chris. This post is pinned to the top of the ‘Blueprints’ section in the community site, so it’s right there. I will add the link just to make it super easy. Thanks for the catch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not a problem as I am sure it would have been asked. 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Absolutely FANTASTIC initiative @chas !! Really appreciate sharing these with the Community!

Comment