Veeam Community Recap #125

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This week @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil are back and have a quick update with 3 pieces of content and Who’s New. Watch this week’s recap here:

The Links

via @Timothy Dewin 

via @Luiz Eduardo Serrano 

via @dloseke 

Who’s New

Thank you to @safiya for prepping the Who’s New this week, we are happy to welcome +67 new members. 

The coolest usernames are @EBSCHIP @Sneed @net.runner @jlepper @detroitdaddy907 and @StingerAlex 

And Alfred’s pick is @BTW! Welcome everyone and we’ll see you next week.

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great Recap! I missed Timothy’s post, so I went to check that out...good stuff, as I’ll probably be implementing XFS in my environment with new arrays I just accrued. Also, was wondering about the Blog of the Month, but assumed it was due to VON and VON Tour ‘busy-ness’. Looking forward to (re) seeing all the great content shared the past 2 mos!

Welcome to all new members, and love the username choice “BTW” 😊

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

BTW...GREAT idea about the environment setup design post. Think I may partake in that….though mine is a bit simplistic, but I believe resilient against data loss/malware (as can be; but always can be better..I know) 😊

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil! I thank you immensely for mentioning my post and for your cordiality. I look forward to contributing more and more to this great community! Thank you very much! Luiz Eduardo Serrano.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Really great recap this week and content.  Congrats to all of those mentioned and welcome new members.

Looking forward to the design post mentioned also as that sounds interesting and something to definitely participate in.  😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hah….now I know who “best answered” my question!  I was going to request it be reset, but Rick’s right on...his answer really was the best, and as noted, I almost tagged Michael to start anyway.  

Also, I’m going to stick with the Veeam Backup for Azure plugin over the agent simply because I will have better recoverability options.  Sure, the cost is a bit higher because I have a dedicated VM as a helper appliance, but I may also be turning off the app server after-hours to save on the cost of the VM running when it doesn’t need to be, and I can run backups while it’s off which will offset that worker VM cost.  Now, it’s obviously not as simple as using the Veeam agent, but there are added benefits!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@dloseke

It should have been marked as a discussion, not a question. ;)

Both methods are possible and it‘s a discussion about benefits and disadvantages of each method. In the end, everyone must choose their own preference and face the limitations or higher costs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mildur 

Perhaps….I think that one goes a bit more in the middle than some though.  The posting earlier today where someone asked what skills they should work on for IT...that for sure should have been a discussion.  But yeah, I see your point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting RECAP, and a big thanks to the team for this @Rick Vanover, @Madi.Cristil and @safiya! I could follow up on some of the topics I missed due to my busy schedule.

Comment