Veeam Community Recap #152

Cybersecurity Advice, Immutability, Scripting and More

Cybersecurity Advice, Immutability, Scripting and More
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello everyone and what a week! First of all apologies for the outage of the Community Hub on Thursday 8-February for a bit, thank you all for letting us know. The platform service was restored quickly - the way I like it!

@Madi.Cristil and I are in normal circumstances today and have a great roster of content. You can watch this week’s episode here:

The Links

via @Iams3le 

via @SteveHeart 

via @BertrandFR 

via @marcofabbri  WOW

Key Product Updates

I would like to draw everyone’s attention to Veeam KB 4541 for Veeam Availability Orchestrator previous versions (4,5,6): KB4541: Veeam Recovery Orchestrator Vulnerability ( CVE-2024-22021 |  CVE-2024-22022 )

Special Department News

via @Madi.Cristil and congratulations @coolsport00 

Upcoming from VUG Turkey via @Bulent.Tolu and @berat.cakirca 

via @Federica 

Who’s New

Thank you @safiya for preparing this week’s Who’s New! We are happy to welcome +107 new members! This week’s coolest usernames are @jazzzbass@splough@JustJoe and @Frankcool! And Alfred’s pick is @Bringthegreen ➡Have a great weekend everyone!

13 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

What an amazing recap this week and such amazing content.  Congratulations to everyone mentioned this week and welcome all new members.  Loving the “Bringthegreen” username.  😂

Have a great weekend everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you so much for the mention. To answer @Madi.Cristil ‘s question, @Rick Vanover is exactly right! Synology reached out and it was clear from our conversation why I was contacted. Those that do not have a Synology Nas yet as their backup target (repository), should definitely get one ASAP. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I actually have two Synology NAS devices they sent me to blog and test with. 😎

DS920+ and DS923+

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Another super Recap Madi/Rick! Congrats to all mentioned for really good posts for the week. I enjoyed interacting in them.

Thank you for the BotM mention! Really honored to have won again 😊

Welcome to all the new Community members, and congrats to Bringthegreen for Alfred’s pick!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for the mention @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil 💚

Challenge launched!!! Every member of the Community to bring one lady to join our https://community.veeam.com/groups/women-and-allies-in-tech-115 

and every other group of the Community, being for her a mentor to show around the benefits of being a member here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for quoting my post, in fact we've been using a script to do this for many years with Eric. We talked about it at the VUG virtual event in early 2022. 
Before V12.0 the RMAN backup was not immutable either and deserved to be improved like the configuration backup.

Last week i did some changes in my internal script and I thought it was a good time to share an example with the community :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Oh no!  I’ve taken Alfred’s pick away from someone actually new 😱 But wait, I can explain   - I accidently logged into my work account and couldn’t get out - call it log-inception and it kept requesting a username….  So definitely not an employee, but certainly how I feel about Veeam. :) 

Congrats to all for a fantastic selection of content and those highlighted, and welcome to all the new (legitimate) users!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh no!  I’ve taken Alfred’s pick away from someone actually new 😱 But wait, I can explain   - I accidently logged into my work account and couldn’t get out - call it log-inception and it kept requesting a username….  So definitely not an employee, but certainly how I feel about Veeam. :) 

Congrats to all for a fantastic selection of content and those highlighted, and welcome to all the new (legitimate) users!  

haha. thanks for the honesty Keiran. it is a still a new account/username so I think your work account still deserves the badge 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for choosing me again, and the next one just got uploaded in the YARA and Script Library.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

What an honor, @Rick Vanover and @Madi.Cristil  THANK YOU SO MUCH! 💚

The Word document says that it was a 36 hour journey to put all together, totally worth it haha 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I wish I came up with Bringthegreen 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Synology contacted me as well, and provided me a DS723+ that I have assembled, but haven’t yet had a chance to configure, but I’ll be blogging on this device as I experiment with it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

If anyone has a Synology thay can take a 10GB card let me know as I have a spare one which was sent with my DS923+. I only needed the one and my DS920+ does not support adding it.

Comment