New SideBar in Kasten!! Thanks MC :)

• 11 September 2023
  • 8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi Folks,

I slept through this release (maybe it was actually released when I was sleeping)  but luckily MC (Master of the Kubernetes Ceremony) a.k.a @michaelcade alerted everyone on a different platform of the great new feature in Kasten. A sidebar!. No this is not some free drinking establishment! but instead a huge helper in navigating the console:

The SideBar

So now it will be very easy to quickly jump from one section to the next. 

MC also hinted at more good things to come so watch this space.

Here are the notes for the release:

https://docs.kasten.io/latest/releasenotes.html

8 comments

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That definitely makes navigating easier for sure.  Need to get into this soon and start playing around so this will make things a little easier for me. If not might need that “sidebar” to get a drink.  🤣

Badge

Only because I was able to cheat by doing it a week ago, I was able to beat @Geoff Burke to the punch with a video covering the UI changes in 6.0.7: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Only because I was able to cheat by doing it a week ago, I was able to beat @Geoff Burke to the punch with a video covering the UI changes in 6.0.7: 

Very cool video Matt.  👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Only because I was able to cheat by doing it a week ago, I was able to beat @Geoff Burke to the punch with a video covering the UI changes in 6.0.7: 

Nice! Thanks Matt!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Nice Geoff! How was navigation before the sidebar? Curios to know as I don’t use Kasten personally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Nice Geoff! How was navigation before the sidebar? Curios to know as I don’t use Kasten personally.

Shane, You can see here the pre 6.0.7 navigation around K10 

Another fantastic demo by Matt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Great, thanks Michael!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The new sidebar is a great add. Kinda weird it wasn’t there to begin with. But, maybe the feature set wasn’t in Kasten initially to warrant one? 

Comment