Question

Kasten K10 - Configure Dashboard HTTPS & External Gateway

• 17 August 2023
  • 2 comments

I have a Kasten K10 instance deployed into a TKGS cluster hosted on vSphere via Helm.

To make the dashboard available I set the ‘External Gateway’ flag to true and configured external-dns. 

The dashboard is now available but I need to embed a custom certificate and enable HTTPS, which is a requirement when connecting to Kasten to Veeam Enterprise (unless we allow insecure connections, which clearly we don’t want to do).

I can’t find any instructions on this. Can anyone help?

2 comments

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@tg-test100 

You have the option to set up an HTTPS listener for your Load Balancer; however, it's crucial to verify its compatibility with this feature.

Alternatively, you can establish an Ingress with TLS Termination by generating a TLS-Typed Secret within the kasten-io namespace.

@Hagag , thanks for your response. 

A K8s load balancer is a L4 device, so whilst I could pass through port 443, if the application end isnt setup to support SSL i.e no option in the Helm to replace the application certs then it doesn’t really help.

I suppose I could deploy an external ingress controller and do it that way, but really the application should support this function natively based on the fact its a requirement to connect to Veeam Ent.

Comment